Trumpeter 1/32 Tomahawk RAF.

stevej60

Hi folk's,with only a couple of build's ongoing I decided to give the rest of the year's GB's a miss and sit back  to enjoy other people's work.I wanted to do a couple of

subject's outside their scope one being Hasegawa's F-35B and this big scale beauty which I bought nearly two year's ago at a good price from Kit;s for Cash at the

Northern show.It has a full engine included which has to be fitted for the exhausts to be mounted so I thought paint it up and see how it look's.Made a start today

so hope to get a few picture's up later,

44616969911_24f9b4858f_o.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Hi folk's,just spent one of those day's chilling out watching a bit telly and popping up to the loft just trimming sprue's and glueing,no paint

no airbrush cleaning etc so one day in I'm here.

42811569450_ac26f91fbf_b.jpg

Also the tail;rudder wing's all cleaned up and assembled ready for paint,got to give Trumpeter a pat on the back for crispness of part's and

fit no doubt they got something's wrong but so far so good.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Steve  

I would love one of these too and great work so far.   Lookforward to seeing this progress. 

All the best 

Chris 

Cheer's Chris,I bought this with Special Hobbies Airacobra in the same scale which is one of the remaining GB build's I'm on with,this one's a 

million miles better in every respect,I got the base interior green on earlier tonight will post up tomorrow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Steve nice choice curious which markings will she be in ? 

I have to agree Dennis - it looks very interesting - I shall be watching this one - 1/32 - should be good with @stevej60 at the wheel.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Steve nice choice curious which markings will she be in ? 

Hello Dennis,she'll be finished in the box art RAF scheme Dark earth/Green over Sky with one lower wing in Black.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,I got a fair bit done  yesterday over a couple of hour's base interior coat applied ready for detailing.

30764117338_65eef82dce_b.jpg

PE  buckles are supplied so I fitted them over masking tape to make a harness they will be painted during the rest of the detailing.

The IP is made up of a backing plate the face of which I painted white then fixed the acetate dial sheet onto it,the black painted facia

is next thing to fit.Started painting the engine,there are load's of photo's of the Allison engine online and once the plumbing is added it

should look great.

43915128374_e73935347d_b.jpg

• Like 3

Morning folk's,engine completed and fuselage joined after the rear wheel assembly fitted,Ive seen some great detailing beyond what is supplied

with the kit around the web but for me that's as far as I'm going.Now big issue with the kit is (to me) the awful exhaust assembly each stub is a 

two part affair and the fit is poor so I've painted and weathered them but even thoughit will be fiddly I'm fitting them last.

44735564301_0e686787b0_b.jpg

Fuselage fit is great,the insert below the windshield need's patience though.

42925881570_6f4b6d64c4_b.jpg

Wing assembly faultless.

30865201198_c913767be9_b.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, spaddad said:

Hi Steve,

what are the marking options with this issue?

Hi Dave,apart from the box top option which I'm doing there's a U.S "Pearl Harbour" scheme.

• Thanks 1

Evening folk's,just a quick update on the Tomahawk.Primed and bottom colour's painted next job the wheel well's and interior of the flap's which will

be fitted in the down position.

43898827615_e3769bf0e2_b.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good, this kit was the first Trumpeter kit that I build and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I built a desert one so it will be interesting to see it in UK colours.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Hi folk's, I was at the Sunderland Air and Land Museum today and photographed the recovered wing of an RAF Tomahawk that crashed up on the Moor's

in the west of County Durham,I sneaked over the rope for a look at the undersurface colour which I can only describe as very similar to  a Beige  Green

along the line's of the colour I used on the kit.

44130022774_17903cccd8_b.jpg

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's, I was at the Sunderland Air and Land Museum today and photographed the recovered wing of an RAF Tomahawk that crashed up on the Moor's

in the west of County Durham,I sneaked over the rope for a look at the undersurface colour which I can only describe as very similar to  a Beige  Green

along the line's of the colour I used on the kit.

44130022774_17903cccd8_b.jpg

Would RAF duck egg blue be a good match for the undersides of your model?

8 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Would RAF duck egg blue be a good match for the undersides of your model?

Difficult to say as different brand's have different take's on the colour,I use Tamiya paint's and using their Sky as a base added Deck tan to take the

green edge off and then added a touch of white to lighten.

Morning folk's,I took the Bull by the horn's with the new airbrush and sprayed the Green freehand, after spraying the Earth a shade lighter in the

centre ofthe panels I repeated the process onthe green and it look's a bit better than the solid colour in this scale.

31011371628_5720c38e73_b.jpg

• Like 5