DH91 Albatross

72modeler

In case any of you are working on the Valom kit, I have attached a link to a very nice collection of DH91 photos from the Axis and Allies Paintworks site. I would not relish doing those eight exhausts in 1/72 scale! Such a beautiful airplane! Some of these you have probably seen before, but I hope you will find them useful.

Mike

http://axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?13911

• Like 3

Thanks - they show nicely one curious feature which is the way the rearmost triangular cockpit window was either blanked off or painted over - compare the first picture (Franklin) with especially the last but one (Fortuna).

47 minutes ago, bryanm said:

Thanks - they show nicely one curious feature which is the way the rearmost triangular cockpit window was either blanked off or painted over - compare the first picture (Franklin) with especially the last but one (Fortuna).

The Albatross was built in two different verisons

Franklin & Faraday were mail planes (extra cockpit windows, fewer passenger windows, different door layout and wing root fairing,different interior layout.

Frobisher, Falcon, Fortuna, Fingal and Fiona were passenger planes as per kits.

• Like 1