Welsh Models 1/144 Handley Page Herald

Eric Mc

After a year of languishing part finished, I took a run at the Herald and finally completed it yesterday. It's the first vacform model I've successfully completed in over 30 years and I'm reasonably pleased with the end result.

LQyhShFO.jpg

kuhLen4k.jpg

• Like 30

Nice modelling but I've a question.

What's the line through the cockpit windscreen?

I did not think the panels were divided in that way.

Or is it just in the way it was photographed?

1 hour ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Nice modelling but I've a question.

What's the line through the cockpit windscreen?

I did not think the panels were divided in that way.

Or is it just in the way it was photographed?

It's a printed on "reflection". Some decal makers put them into their window decals. I'm not convinced about them to be honest but that's how it looked on the decal sheet.

The line through the cockpit windscreen is supposed to represent reflections from the glazing and is the way the kit decals are produced. I have built the same model - the only way to get a Herald.

You beat me to it! Nice result by the way and the delay in completion seems strangely familiar!

Edited by Sergei

It's certainly enthused me to try a few more Welsh Model vac forms. I did have a go at a Viscount many years ago but like many such projects, it never got completed. Since those days, some of the subjects covered by Welsh Models have been covered in injection moulded kits by people like Roden, S & M, Eastern Express, F-RSIN etc but they still have quite a few unique aircraft in their range.

Thank you.

They were very common all around the British Isles in the mid 1970s - plying their trade between the regional airports and the islands. A mate of mine flew on one from Dublin to Ronaldsway around that time on a family holiday to the Isle of Man.

Sad to think they are all gone now.

20 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

It's a printed on "reflection". Some decal makers put them into their window decals. I'm not convinced about them to be honest but that's how it looked on the decal sheet.

Thanks.  It makes some sort of sense,