BAC TSR-2 XR219 - Airfix 1/48

2 hours ago, cathasatail said:

Without a shadow of a doubt, this has to be the finest TSR-2 model that I have ever had the pleasure of setting eyes upon.

Simply amazing!

Best wishes,

Sam

Ditto to Sam has said.

A very fine piece of work.

5 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Really impressive!

I like the subtle weathering on the underside of the aircraft. How did you achieve that? It looks like a highly thinned wash, but did you use a sponge or did you splatter it with a stiff brush?

At the beginning, thank you to everyone. 

Secondly: I straightened the wheels of the front chassis - sorry I saw only in the pictures. 😋

Abouth weathering - I blow AK or Mig wash from the brush with an airbrush without paint. Why wash - because it's fast, but risky method and I can always wash away.

A few words about the model:

1.corrected crossing the hull-wing at the top

2.all air intakes and exit are corrected and grooved

3.added hinges on the engine nozzle cover.

4.added wires, cables and many details in bomb, breake, electronics and gear bay.

5.added mechanism of locks in cockpit.

6. corrected fuel drop nozzles on wing tip.

7.added surface details: antenas, Venturi, Pitot probe, holes and rods, and other 

8.riveting all surface

Aftermarket sets used: (without FOD and "weapons" set)

ejdcHQvh.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cathasatail said:

Without a shadow of a doubt, this has to be the finest TSR-2 model that I have ever had the pleasure of setting eyes upon.

Simply amazing!

Best wishes,

Sam

Bingo!  This dude has hit it on the HEAD!  I bow before you!  You are the master of the TSR.2.

What Sam said goes double for me! Incredible detailing and paintwork in all the bays, but especially the wheel bays and weapons bay! How did you manage to get all six tyres (See, I'm learning!) planted squarely on the ground? Well done, sir!

Mike

Jurek,

Absolutely superb..........That finish is spot on as far as I am concerned. I think it is really quite difficult to portray White combat aircraft that have had some, but not much, use and as we all know the TSR.2 flight development programme was tragically cut short.

Well done, Sir !

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

What Sam said goes double for me! Incredible detailing and paintwork in all the bays, but especially the wheel bays and weapons bay! How did you manage to get all six tyres (See, I'm learning!) planted squarely on the ground? Well done, sir!

Mike

Well, fitting, fitting, fitting. Whole landing gear was ready sooner. Minimal errors improved the weight of the model. 😉

sk7LPiFh.jpg

JSxBLDnh.jpg

JhkgISph.jpg

s1YX5G0h.jpg

XCgf4w0h.jpg

UF8bmpPh.jpg

• Like 4