MTO GB II - time to declare the winners!

It was time to count the votes. 20 votes were cast by 20 members, it needed some shepherding but in the end the numbers match. There are 55 finished models - or should I say 55 separate gallery entrants as some had multiple models in one entry, and not all of them could be split for voting (like @825 built his pair of Lloyd carriers towing AT guns and the trio of Valentines - excellent builds all of them :thumbsup:).  

And the winner is... @PlaStix  with his Tiger I vignette "Looking towards point 174"  :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Congratulations!

The silver medal was split between @tonyot (Hurricane Mk.I 33 Sqn and Blenheim Mk.IV GdB 1 "Lorraine"), @Ozzy(diorama Lat 32*05'N Long 23*59'N) , @Franz75 (Hs 129 8.(Pz.)/SchG 2) and @Hardtarget (P-108a Artigliere 102/40) :yahoo::yahoo:

All the participants and especially those who finished their builds and got it in the Gallery have won too - you got your models:yahoo:

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for running the whole Group Build circus and good luck for @TEMPESTMK5 - Patrice is already campaigning for MTO GB III :coolio:. Best regards, V-P

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hardtarget said:

Yes well done everyone, i do like the MTO, such a varying of subjects. WOuld love a Dedicated Malta GB :)

Malta... Nah, you´d need to be interested in Gladiators, Hurricanes, Spitfires, Beaufighters, Beauforts, Blenheims, Wellingtons, Mosquitos, Kittyhawks, Baltimores, Saettas, Folgores, Falcos, Arietes, Sparvieros, Bf 109:s, Bf 110:s, He 111:s, Ju 87:s or Ju 88:s to get your kicks out of a Malta GB. Those were just the aircraft types that first came to my mind, there may be more... in various roles as fighters, night fighters, photo recce, level-, dive- and torpedo bombing... and all the ships and subs... Unfortunately not much joy for the armour modellers, though there were some Matildas (iirc?) used as tow tractors by the RAF, and of course various soft skins and the AA artillery!

Would you really believe the good people at Britmodeller would get interested in a Malta Group Build, if the time frame was from 10 June 1940 (when Italy declared war on the UK) to 17 August 1943 (when Sicily was evacuated of enemy troops and the significance of Malta in war was reduced). Eligible subjects could be:

- direct Axis air campaign against Malta

- offensive and reconnaissance RAF + Commonwealth air campaign against anything as long as the aircraft took off from Malta; including air support for Operation Husky

- Axis air and sea campaign against convoys to and from Malta

- Royal Navy sea campaign against anything as long as the ships or subs were operating from Malta

- Malta convoys and aircraft supply operations, including the aircraft carriers

There is another general MTO GB III proposal already but should we go for this in 2020 anyway? Best regards, V-P

• Like 1

Hi V-P. Well done and thank you for running and sorting out the voting for this excellent GB. As you said; well done to everyone who got a build completed in the timescale - not always an easy task! I thoroughly enjoyed building my kit and I'm already looking forward to the next MTO GB. Judging by all the wonderful models built this time it's going to be a hard act to follow!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Malta... Nah, you´d need to be interested in Gladiators, Hurricanes, Spitfires, Beaufighters, Beauforts, Blenheims, Wellingtons, Mosquitos, Kittyhawks, Baltimores, Saettas, Folgores, Falcos, Arietes, Sparvieros, Bf 109:s, Bf 110:s, He 111:s, Ju 87:s or Ju 88:s to get your kicks out of a Malta GB. Those were just the aircraft types that first came to my mind, there may be more... in various roles as fighters, night fighters, photo recce, level-, dive- and torpedo bombing... and all the ships and subs... Unfortunately not much joy for the armour modellers, though there were some Matildas (iirc?) used as tow tractors by the RAF, and of course various soft skins and the AA artillery!

Would you really believe the good people at Britmodeller would get interested in a Malta Group Build, if the time frame was from 10 June 1940 (when Italy declared war on the UK) to 17 August 1943 (when Sicily was evacuated of enemy troops and the significance of Malta in war was reduced). Eligible subjects could be: 

- direct Axis air campaign against Malta

- offensive and reconnaissance RAF + Commonwealth air campaign against anything as long as the aircraft took off from Malta; including air support for Operation Husky

- Axis air and sea campaign against convoys to and from Malta

- Royal Navy sea campaign against anything as long as the ships or subs were operating from Malta

- Malta convoys and aircraft supply operations, including the aircraft carriers

There is another general MTO GB III proposal already but should we go for this in 2020 anyway? Best regards, V-P

Thats a good proposal ;) Let get it programmed in.

• Like 2