Is this Klear?

Jonny

Good morning, fellow BM-ers !

I am in the UK.

I’ve run out of the original ‘Klear’.  I *think* it still exists but with a different name.  

Could someone one please tell me what the current version of ‘Klear’ is called here in the UK?   I saw a product called ‘Pledge Klear Multi Surface Wax’ mentioned in an online site but am doubtful if this is the  Klear I’ve used for ages.

Apologies if this is in the wrong Forum ... .

Jonny

Thank you,  Parabat and Bentwaters!

Yes, the ‘Pledge Klear Multi  Surface Wax’ I saw on the online site was the ‘blue’ bottle. I chased round the bigger stores in my home town at lunchtime and none stock it, so I’ll have to buy online.

Thanks for your replies ... like all postings in BM, very helpful,

Jonny

I’ve just noticed that the online site where I saw “Pledge Multi Surface WAX”  had an illustration of “Multi Surface POLISH” in a blue bottle. parabat’s reply had a photo of WAX.  Are the two - wax and polish - the same?

Sorry  if I seem unduly thick - it’s just that the online vendor wants over £8:00 per bottle ... .

Jonny

Mr black knight sah.. morning ;)

I WAS using the astonish flawless polish in the orange bottle.. until my dear mother decided it was a ''surplus cleaning item'' :o and poured it away 😢   I found that it thinned vallejo matt varnish a treat and left me with a lovely satin finish!

I do have a larger 1 litre bottle but i have not used it so far as i am unsure as to if they have changed the formula or not? Have you tried this latest version does it perform as well as the orange bottle?

Cheers! 

I have Astonish in a yellow bottle and in a blue bottle; as far as I can tell they just change the bottle colour and/or shape regularly and maybe change the scent.

Check the label on the rear of the bottle. It usually says to remove it from the floor when you've put on 5 or more coats and to use 100ml of ammonia in 1L of water to remove

I use it to thin Humbrol acrylic paints for brushing and spraying.

I also mix it into Warhammer Liquid Green Stuff and Vallejo putty to make them water resistant for wet sanding

• Thanks 2

@Black Knight

Im going to seem daft or colorblind here but.. is this the stuff you mean when say 'blue bottle'' ?

C1840_Astonish_Wood_Polish_5060060210912

This seems to be the only variant available at the minute? I have some but am reluctant to use it with some vallejo matt just yet.. If not @Black Knight Have any other BM'ers used the above and how does it compare to the old orange bottle stuff?

Cheers and regards to you all! :) :) :) 

2 hours ago, Steve Noble said:

Crikey, £8 a bottle!! That's someone trying to rip people off in my opinion...

Steve you can get the multi surface wax for £3 a bottle in sainsburys! and the astonish is a quid from boyes.. (i havent tried the latest batch though)

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Black Knight said:

No, thats not my blue bottle. That looks like yet another change of bottle by the makers

My blue bottle is completely royal blue, and of a different shape.

I reckon thats the same stuff inside though

It smells almost the same as the orange bottle stuff..

I'll let you know how i get on with it im going to mix it 50/50 with vallejo matt varnish to get a final satin coat hope it works as well as the older stuff! :elephant:

29 minutes ago, degsye39 said:

Steve you can get the multi surface wax for £3 a bottle in sainsburys! and the astonish is a quid from boyes.. (i havent tried the latest batch though)

Cheers.

Thanks for that. I don't use it a lot, prefer to use a dedicated auto clear for my car and bike builds. But I always like to have some to hand as it does sometimes come in very useful..