F-4J UK questions

Monty Python

Have the Zoukei Mura F-4J which I will do in the 74sq markings, pre delivery paint scheme. The kit comes with the ALQ-126 fairings but no periscope for the back seater.

My questions are which aircraft would have the fairings and no periscope? Also any diagrams for the strengthening strap fitted under the wing as the kit does not have that included.

TIA

Chris

ZE350 / T was the only J that didn't have ALQ-126 DECM fairings on the intake shoulders and all Js had the TESS at one time or another so you'll need to check your reference images to be certain.

I have an image of the belly strap but the forum only allows me to attach images from a URL, unfortunately...

-Daz

Edited by Dazza

Hi Chris

Have a look at http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/sba49041.htm

Just in case the link doesn't work; Steel Beach SBA49041 F-4S stiffeners from Sprue Brothers.

I got a few sets of these a couple of years ago, basically just a self adhesive vinyl overlay.  Postage from USA may well rule them out for you but I got them amongst quite a few F-4 parts and decals and sent to relatives in the States just before we visited.

Mike

Edited by FortyEighter
Correction

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:57 AM, FortyEighter said:

Hi Chris

Have a look at http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/sba49041.htm

Just in case the link doesn't work; Steel Beach SBA49041 F-4S stiffeners from Sprue Brothers.

I got a few sets of these a couple of years ago, basically just a self adhesive vinyl overlay.  Postage from USA may well rule them out for you but I got them amongst quite a few F-4 parts and decals and sent to relatives in the States just before we visited.

Mike

FWIW Re: those stiffener's, I use plastic card cut to shape from the PE one's that come in the Hasegawa F-4S kits. Works a treat and cheaper.

Edited by Devo
  • Like 1

Parabat has sent me a photocopy of the undersurface of a wing with the strap fitted out of the Daco book. This drawing is marked up as for all 1/48 scale F-4’s that had the strap fitted.

I have laid the Zoukei Mura wing on to it and it’s a perfect match. I will trace this onto self adhesive vinyl and place that onto the wing.

• Like 1