1/144 Lockheed C-141B

Ad-4N

12 hours ago, Ad-4N said:

What a fine looking model - those US transports always look smart in the MAC or MATS liveries.

Cheers Will 

Edited by malpaso
Comment about photo link deleted as it's fixed

Thanks so much, no I don’t mind at all you fixed it.  Glad you liked my model.  I’m a passable modeler, but stink at posting photos in forums.😨  The Imgur link worked at Hyperscale (at least I can see it.). 

“And all this science I don’t understand”

- Bernie Taupin 

Miss the lifters going over the house when they would go into RAF Mildenhall, not old enough to remember them in those colours but I loved the lizard scheme. That is one fine C-141, I would give my right leg for something as nice as that in my collection.

Great Job!

Marc

Very very nice. Looks great in those Caracal decals, which I've been sorely tempted by. I wish Roden would release the C-141A but I guess I'm being lazy as I suppose all you have to do is amputate some fuselage. Bit like cutting up drain pipe I suppose?!

Beautiful finish, very impressive modelling.

49 minutes ago, ajmm said:

Very very nice. Looks great in those Caracal decals, which I've been sorely tempted by. I wish Roden would release the C-141A but I guess I'm being lazy as I suppose all you have to do is amputate some fuselage. Bit like cutting up drain pipe I suppose?!

Beautiful finish, very impressive modelling.

I read bad things about the Roden decals silvering.   Plus, I am not a fan over the overall "Proud AMC Gray" scheme (I think that is what it is called) that came with the version I bought.  I am sure it is cost effective single color paint job but it is also boring as @#&%$+*.   

You cannot go wrong with the C-141 Caracal decals, they sold out once before but are now on his site again, so I wouldn't delay.   I used Caracal decals on my C-135A and loved the result.  Standard disclaimer:  I have no financial interest in Caracal decals, I just send them my gold-pressed latinum to Austin, TX like everyone else.  

I too would love a C-141A from Roden, but not sure if they will ever make the leap.  If they did I would do a "What If" 1964 MATS delivery version with arctic orange nose, tail and wing markings on natural metal.