Bristol 192 Belvedere

zebra

Nearly there. Fingers crossed, should be in the gallery tomorrow - all that's left to do is to finish painting and attach the rotors, and add a couple of aerial wires.

One last modification to the kit parts is to reverse the rotation of one of the rotors - they rotated in opposite directions. The kit rotors have a thick unrealistic lug at the root of each blade - this had to be thinned down on both sets of rotors, but made for a good solid attachment point that allowed me to simply turn the blades on one rotor disc upside down to reverse the direction. Blades seem to have been a light grey on top and black underneath with a black leading edge on top, I've painted the grey and the yellow tips, just need to do the black now.

I've also added the truss for the winch above the door, and a few aerials. Couldn't find good photos of the aerial fit so went off the plans in the SAM article - there are lots of photos online  (including my own) of XG454 at MOSI in Manchester, but XG454 was a pre-production model and doesn't have the production aerial fit.

Here's how it looks tonight:

Belvedere WIP

thanks for looking

Z

• Like 9

This is a really lovely looking Belvedere you've managed to build and convert here Z. It certainly looks to have been a fair chunk of work, however the end result is definitely worth it. It'll be great to see this join your other fantastic builds in the gallery, so its a very well done and two thumbs up from me! 

Cheers... Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dave and Dermot. It's fair to say this one has frustrated me a bit - I wish I'd found a better solution to the problems with the clear parts - but I'm feeling pretty pleased with it now. Adding the aerials has improved the look and I'm looking forward to getting the aerial wires on - I think they'll make a big difference.

cheers

Z

Thanks everyone, glad you all liked it!

12 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I think we will see lots of other Belvederes being dragged kicking and screaming from Stashes all over the place !

The more the merrier - if someone out there notices maybe we'll get the new kit I'm hoping for!

• Like 1

Kits that make me take a second or third look are the ones that impress me most - I think I've looked at this Belvedere conversion 100 times over! You have certainly turned this rudimentary piece of 1960's plastic into a true work of art. There's always compromises when it comes to home conversions, but honestly this really does look like something you'd buy from an AM manufacturer. I really hope that we see a new tool Belvedere kit one day soon, however I'd still buy one of these should I see one going for reasonable money. Thanks so much for showing us that with a little (probably a lot) of TLC, unique builds like this are still very possible. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1