4-F “Fearless Fosdick Frank Forsyth”

Hello everyone Straight from the P-47 Thunderbolt group build. This is the 1/72 Academy P-47D Razorback. It represents a Thunderbolt from the 356th Fg. 8th air force. Its is also part of a bigger project of mine. I am building a diorama of the weekly planning meeting of the 8th Fighter command. I have 3 of 15 builds completed so far. Without further talk I present “4-F”. 

y8kGEa1.jpg

Usz2d4Z.jpg

lB0b0Hc.jpg

l8MjRWs.jpg

cZefsNf.jpg

bbz6S22.jpg

cYj2GsJ.jpg

u8b9vmk.jpg

mYx90p7.jpg

SXe3m5a.jpg

The following photo’s are the 3 completed builds so far. The center is Academy’s 1/72 mustang from the 4th Fg., the upper left is the Airfix 1/72 mustang 20th Fg., and the P-47D is this build. 

OdPCNoc.jpg

x6wNyii.jpg

Here is a link to the build if you are interested ? 

Please feel free to Question, comment, or joke ? 

Dennis

• Like 20

Hello @neil5208 ... The remaining 12 aircraft will consist of 3 more Thunderbolts from the 56th, 78th, & 353rd Fg’s. The Mustangs will be from the 55th, 339th, 352nd, 355th, 357th, 359th, 361st & 364th Fg’s. The last plane will be a P-38 from the 479th Fg. I have the 4th, 20th, & 356th. The 354th was released back to the 9th airforce before the date i am building for. Slowly but surely i will get there. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @neil5208 ... The remaining 12 aircraft will consist of 3 more Thunderbolts from the 56th, 78th, & 353rd Fg’s. The Mustangs will be from the 55th, 339th, 352nd, 355th, 357th, 359th, 361st & 364th Fg’s. The last plane will be a P-38 from the 479th Fg. I have the 4th, 20th, & 356th. The 354th was released back to the 9th airforce before the date i am building for. Slowly but surely i will get there. 

Dennis

I always think that building to a theme adds to the modelling process as a whole because you have to do research (teeth grinding) and probably change to what comes in the box, be it make your own markings or convert the model.  You also somehow become more involved in the build.  Good luck with your collection, I look forward to seeing it develop..

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the likes and comments.

Hello @IanC the noseart was done by making my own stencil. If you’ve seen my other RFI “Run, Rabbit, Run” the entire nose on that is a mask i made. I dont have many decals in 1/72 yet as im still switching from 1/48. So i tend to make a lot of my markings by hand. The codes on this build and the Rabbit build are actually generic dry transfer letters. 

I realy like your P-47 for two reasons:

1) it's a great model and you've done a beautifull job! :goodjob:

2) Fearless Fosdick! Who amongst us doesn't remember Lil' Abner's favourite cartoon crimefighter. :yahoo:

One must'n forget that Lil Abner was the president of the local Dogpatch chapter of the Fearless Fosdick Fanclub! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Thanks 1