1/48 - Supermarine Swift FR.5/F.7 resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

After the Scimitar, Scratchaeronautics is thinking about a 1/48th Supermarine Swift FR.5 resin kit.

Source: 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235036225-148-supermarine-scimitar-resin-kit-by-scratchaeronautics-released/&do=findComment&comment=3129631

(...) And probably, but still to be decided:

Supermarine Swift FR.5, 1/48 scale.

de Havilland Chipmunk, 1/48 scale.

To be followed.

Resin.jpg

Just to say that I prefer injected kits.  😉

Half a loaf is better than none.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

I've ordered a Scimitar and it's yet to arrive, but based on that I'll likely order a Swift. Wish however Airfix had considered scaling up their 1/72 offering.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neilh said:

Wish however Airfix had considered scaling up their 1/72 offering.

Believe me, Neilh....I'd wish exactly the same...!!!!! When we sit around a few pints to decide wich kit would be our next project, we think about wich ones we'd like to have in our stash, and isn't available, or haven't been available for so long.....Of course, the opinion of some fellow Britmodellers have pushed our decision towards the Swift....It's a much smaller kit than the Scimitar, so it will be cheaper. Hopefully, the kit will be ready for shipment by the end of november/early december. We've received six preordes so far, so I think it's going to be as succesfull as the Scimitar. We're not offering it in ebay by now, so fell free to PM me for further information.

It's not a question of secrecy at all, just to keep the costs to a minimun in these "preorder" kits.

The same goes for the Northrop N3PB in 1/48 scale......it will be available by the end of november or early december. That's a "whim" of my own brother, he said "wished to have a 1/48 scale Northrop, the old vacuform kit it's to challenging for me", so a dinner was bet that we did not prepare one....He lost the bet.

Best regards

Artie - are you reading my mind?  I'd be chuffed to bits to have a decent Swift knocking about in 1:48, and I have no fear of Resin, especially if it looks as nicely done as your Scimitar ^_^

Just asked him about it.....If you order them from ebay, it's going to be more expensive, 55€, to cover ebay fees. If you order it straight from us, you pay 50€.

He's going to drive me mad....😩

Apparently, some customers have asked him to list them on ebay, because they can only buy it from there. He has announced only ten units there ....He had not warned me, because he has been maneuvering all morning, and he has not had telephone service where he is ....

Edited by Artie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...