Hobby Boss B24 J .

Don149

I`ve just jumped in with both feet and ordered the upcoming B 24 from Hannants for £ 135 . Why so cheap for a model of

this size ? , is there something I should know ? .

Don .

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 11:31 AM, Don149 said:

I`ve just jumped in with both feet and ordered the upcoming B 24 from Hannants for £ 135 . Why so cheap for a model of

this size ? , is there something I should know ? .

Don .

Hi

Nice 👍😀

I might get one of these when they come out, the HK lanc is to expensive 

I imagine some raf CC conversions will come out from someone , leigh light etc 

maybe even 100 Group stuff 

I wonder if they will follow up with a 1:32 halifax 

cheers

jerry 

Edited by brewerjerry

Space isn`t a problem for this old boy . Mine`s a three bedroom house with only myself and a barmy Black Lab in it ! . Bring on the biggies , though

I would draw the line at a B 36 ! , ( remember seeing two of `em back in `55 ) Would love a B 26 and a Hali Mk 3 also , ( anyone listening ) .

`Don`t mean resin though ! .

Don .

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its available here in Australia now, so can't be too far away for you Don.  The reason for the low price is its definitely been built to a budget, think an upsized 48 scale model.  There is still a decent interior, separate control surfaces, but the engines are very simplified, and it's not fully riveted.  The rivets only being around the periphery of the panels, which I think is massively disappointing.  It also seems to have the same problem as the old monogram kit, that being the turrets have been split into halves with the resultant seams to deal with.

That said, Im sure the aftermarket companies will be putting out correction sets in droves, and the price point is hard to go past

This may help you further

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bruce , have you got the HK Lanc as well ? . We in Blighty are sucking on the hind tit for both ! .

Don .