Eduard 1/48 Spitfire XVI

Hi Everyone

This is my first aircraft entry since joining Britmodeller last year (been building stuff that floats like HMS Belfast)  presently halfway through a scratchbuilt model of HMS Ceylon in some rather garish colours however I fancied a break and what better relaxation than one of Edurads 1/48 Spitfire? The plane is actually a mk XVI however I used the IXe kit as I didn't have a highback XVI, as far as I am aware the only issue doing this is the slightly different shaped cowling but I wont tell if no one else does......

The markings are a combination of Montex masks and the kit stencils with the only other addition being the Eduard 500punder from which I have unfortunaatly misplaced the fuze...... Nothing really to add ref the kit itself as its been covered by far better modellers than myself, suffice to say its a superb kit and if you havent already built one where have you been? The base is an old recycled one that I used just for a few pics.

Apologies for the quality of the pics as they are just off my phone.

30660799418_2565de025e_k.jpg43621575125_df9db673bc_k.jpg43622072435_898ba26c33_k.jpg44480970732_5672b484f1_k.jpg43813066634_6009be3916_k.jpg30660701278_6f71165f3b_k.jpg

• Like 12

I like it. Very gritty. However, that ground crew needs a kick up the neither regions. They are slacking. 

As a landscape designer I have to comment on you base. I like it....................

Edited by Greg Law

Thanks for all the kind words, theres certainly more aviation fans than there are maritime on here! Think I will drop back to a little ship work between now and Telford at which I hope to pick up Eduards 1/48 Tempest if its been released, really cant wait for that one!