Tamiya new tool 1/48 Spitfire Mk.I!!!

Sonoran

All they need to do now is scale it up to 1/32 with option to Build a 11a. The world is crying out for a 1/32 Tamiya Mk1/11a and a MkVb. Mind you its also crying out for a decent Griffon Engine Spit in same scale - we can but pray........

Edited by Whitewolf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AeroNautique said:

Amen! 1/48 and 1/24 XIV for me, sooner is better than later!

I must admit I can't understand why someone hasn't done a really nice Griiffon engined Spitfire, particularly in 1/32. Perhaps Fly will realise the huge gap in the market and do some?? 

12 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Someone has in both 1/32 and 1/48. The PCM Spitfire XIV in 1/32 was a good effort, while the Airfix 1/48 PR.XIX is superbly accurate and easy to build .

Airfix PR.XIX in 1/48 is nice, but it is 1/48 not 1/32. PCM Mk XIV is an effort, but falls short and a load of work to Build a PR.XIX!! A Tamiya kit with optional wing panels and components to Build differing versions is what we need! A new Mk1/2 could easily be re-released as a Mk Vb if Tamiya include a basic fuselage and wing with options for differing panels. It's been far too long since we saw a 1/32 Spitfire from Tamiya and with the fuselage shape error on Hobbyboss Mk.Vb the market is there.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:38 AM, Welkin said:

It does say '1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I (Tentative)' - not sure what the brackets imply!

I think it is due to it not being available for physical display at the show in Japan at the end of this month.