1/48 Patlabor/Bandai

After a long break i started a new kit.

Actually i'm not a big fan of patlabor anime's but i love this one.

The kit has got a lot of details, very soft plastic ( careful for sanding), but especially arm joints looks weak, and i dont like the cover material for leg&arm sections

• Like 9

well, i finished the legs yesterday, i added little chrome details for the foot pistons. 

Its very detailed kit but feels something missing... I dont know whats missing... May be spirit :P Or just i'm not a big fan of this anime... I'm missing my gundams...

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 11:18 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Looks good so far, you going to work your weathering magic next? 

Yep, next step will be weathering.

I'm not sure what kind of weathering styles needs  for this kit, may be little chipping, little rust and little wash. I thint these are enough for this little guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tolga Uzuner said:

Yep, next step will be weathering.

I'm not sure what kind of weathering styles needs  for this kit, may be little chipping, little rust and little wash. I thint these are enough for this little guy.

This model is taken from a live series (Patlabor the Next Generation), you can take some image from the series prop (1/1 size) as inspiration: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=159600

I have the same model and sooner or later I'm going to use this kind of references for the build! HIH!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackToZeon said:

This model is taken from a live series (Patlabor the Next Generation), you can take some image from the series prop (1/1 size) as inspiration: http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=159600

I have the same model and sooner or later I'm going to use this kind of references for the build! HIH!

It's no Unicorn Gundam but still cool, thanks for posting that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

It's no Unicorn Gundam but still cool, thanks for posting that.

Yes this mecha should be 8 meters tall, still really impressive!

The animated movies of Patlabor directed by Mamoru Oshii (director of the original "Ghost in the Shell") have a special place in my otaku hearth: highly recommended! 

Edited by BackToZeon
  • Like 2

Looking awesome Tolga! It's such a real-looking design. And I love that there's a full-size version, seeing the Special Vehicle Section deploy their labors from trucks was really cool in the original movies.

I'm glad there are other fans of Mamoru Oshii's work on here - did you see his live action movie Avalon? It's typically slow and weird but I really like it.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

He looks cool, weathering is on point.  That winch is in a rather suggestive position though 🤣🤣🤣 I would like to dip my toes in to Mech modelling will have to look out for some cool kits.  I saw a Macross Destroyer Monster kit at a toy fair yesterday, i asked the guy how much, he said £140.  I like Mech just not that much 🤣🤣

This is awesome work though, good job :clap:

• Haha 1