New 1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.I?

k5054nz

1 hour ago, NPL said:

What Mk.I?

Eduard announced years ago that they will be doing the Spitfire family. I think it was in one of the Eduard Info News letters that mentioned Spitfire Mk I or V will be released next year.

This information is from a a Czech Modeling Forum and was posted by Mr Sulc himself. :like:

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=4065#p1898395

"So to celebrate and hope for my top ten in 1/48: 

Hurricane 
P-40 (including P-36 and H-75) 
Spitfire Mk.I / II / V 
P-38 
MiG-21F possibly crack) 
Me 262 
MiG-15 (including UTI) 
S-199 / CS-199 (+ Bf 109K) 
Camel 
Yak-9 (including Jak-1/7)"

Cheers

1 hour ago, Masinissa said:

Eduard announced years ago that they will be doing the Spitfire family. I think it was in one of the Eduard Info News letters that mentioned Spitfire Mk I or V will be released next year.

This information is from a a Czech Modeling Forum and was posted by Mr Sulc himself. :like:

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=4065#p1898395

"So to celebrate and hope for my top ten in 1/48: 

Hurricane 
P-40 (including P-36 and H-75) 
Spitfire Mk.I / II / V 
P-38 
MiG-21F possibly crack) 
Me 262 
MiG-15 (including UTI) 
S-199 / CS-199 (+ Bf 109K) 
Camel 
Yak-9 (including Jak-1/7)"

Cheers

I didn't see the original message but the one in the February news. It also sounded as if Mr. Sulc will go further than to the original Merlins. But thank you for the info. OK, and the link was in Czech, which is not one of those languages, I know much of. Sadly, I have forgot most of my Russian.

Edited by NPL
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

OMG, not another Mk.V... Please !

Eduard have now a Mk.Vb and Mk.Vc released a two weeks ago as part Eagle Call (USAAF).

P-38J is better choice for Tamiya.

Edited by AlCZ
  • Like 1

Yup, but Eduard is better as Tamiya in many aspects. (Surface details, extra parts for subversion, coloured metal parts, thinner decals...when i can compared a Mk.I from this two companies. Naturally i'm Patriot but Big T i like too.

But 1/32 Mk.I or Mk. V by Tamiya...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

Eduard may have stolen their opportunity

They do have market overlap. But Eduard kits are harder to come by in Asia. Here in the USA the 1/48 new tool Tamiya Spitfire Mk. I is about $33. Less than the price of a Profipack kit. With both you get photoetch and masks. Although the Tamiya masks need to be cut out.:tooth:

I have both Eduard's and Tamiya's Mk. Is and I picked up the Vb/c Eagle's Call. I'll certainly get a Tamiya Mk. Va/b if they offer one.:like:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlCZ said:

Yup, but Eduard is better as Tamiya in many aspects. (Surface details, extra parts for subversion, coloured metal parts, thinner decals...when i can compared a Mk.I from this two companies. Naturally i'm Patriot but Big T i like too.

But 1/32 Mk.I or Mk. V by Tamiya...

Would LOVE to see Mr T do a 1/32 Spitfire Mk I !!!

• Like 2