Ju 87B first old age build

This is the second build I did after I returned to NZ. Compared to my Hs 123 it is far better.  This one I went through four decal sets before I was able to 

place them. This is where my tremor is a problem. It depends on the decals if I can get them on. This set worked real well.  By the way I leave the pitot head off

because it won't last long with me handling it. I might do a wire version one day. I have kept it quite clean as I didn't want to tempt fate at the time.

Ju 87 B main view

Ju 87 B cockpit view

Ju 87B front view

Edited by Greg Law
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Beautiful job.

What kit & scale is it?

The kit was a Tamiya and the scale 1/48.

Thanks everyone for you kind comments.

I realised I haven't put the aerial on it yet. I have EZline now so I must do it. Once I get some of that horrible CA. kicker. 

5 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

The kit was a Tamiya and the scale 1/48.

Thanks everyone for you kind comments.

I realised I haven't put the aerial on it yet. I have EZline now so I must do it. Once I get some of that horrible CA. kicker. 

The kit is the Tamiya rebox of the Italeri kit, not a Tamiya original.

Very crisp work Greg, :goodjob:

That’s really lovely Greg. I’m no Luftwaffe colour guru, however all to often I see German aircraft painted in really dark colours, but yours looks to be spot on. Good to see one on the board my friend. 

Cheers and well modelled..  Dave

• Like 1

Very neat build Greg, looks the biz.

I'm finding as I'm a couple of years off my 60th I'm starting to loose a little steadiness at times, but you've just gotta get on with it!

:goodjob:

Davey.

Lovely job Greg.

Modelling is a lot harder as we get older, I speak from experience, but it is a nice pastime that you can take up or drop at will.

Wish I had your skill though.

10 hours ago, cocky05d said:

Very nice work .What paints did you use ?I am finishing off the old Airfix 1/48 Ju7B ,used Xtracrylix RLM 70 &71 ,but i found them difficult to tell apart so i did the North

African Version.

The Paints are Aqueoue Hobby color H65 and H64 the bottom is H67. I do think H67 is ok for big planes, but not for the Bf 109. It is to dark and is on the grey side. It looks ok on the Stuka.