Marder III Panzerjäger - DAK

Carius

Here is my 1/35 scale Tamiya Marder III Tank Destroyer, code 35248, depicted in the DAk version of the 15th Panzer Division, 33 Panzerjäger-Abteilung, second vehicle of the Stab of the 3rd company. Sixty-six of these tanks arrive in the North Africa between July and November 1942.

The model was built almost straight from the box (pure and simple build). I´ve added only a Marder III interior set, from CMK, item 3022, and minor detailling. Humbrol and Tamiya paints. Heavy weathering with basic techniques, but great final effects IMHO.

r7lhzsH.jpg

CH8Mv1y.jpg

qeEK9DY.jpg

wNp5h5I.jpg

MYGptAk.jpg

6rkSZOb.jpgbIqtrMr.jpg

GrOpjOn.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Carius
  • Like 30

I like the worn paint effect. 

But are the tracks not a bit too slack?  Likely to be thrown at the next turn, if not sooner.  Pz38 had manual track tensioning, but keeping tracks in tension and removing links as they stretched would have been a daily task for the driver in the German equivalent of a Halt Parade.

• Like 1

Many thanks....:hmmm:I know about that, but honestly I do not think so, IMHO.

Though a bit stack, the tracks are close to the following examples:

tw7teIq.jpg

JvJqiX7.jpg

Anyway, I intended to do a very war weary tank, very worn...a long time abandoned vehicle, indeed.

I really appreciate your considerations about my humble project, because it makes me think and learn a little more :).

Best regards

Hi Carius.

I never liked the look of the Marder. With the scrappy design, the basket seats hanging off the back like that, and the high profile,  it looked a bit silly to me and not so much tank desrtoyer as tank fodder. It was certainly not worthy of my money as a model.

But I have completely changed my mind after seeing this.

You've opened my eyes to all that lovely detail which makes for a fantastic subject matter.

A superb job.

Rearguards,

Badder