1/76 Airfix K2Y Ambulances - 11th Armoured Division

BIG X

Howdy folks - I haven't been around here for a few weeks as I have recently been having a massive amount of fun in the Airfix: The Golden Years GB…

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/626-airfix-the-golden-years-gb/

…however I know a lot of folk don’t tend to look at the group builds – unless it is of special interest to their ‘field of expertise’.  The GB is covering all aspects of ‘old Airfix’ which includes a lot of very basic vehicles and the like. So I thought I would pop my vehicle results here - where they might be better seen and in case they are of interest to anyone in the future.

I did a couple of K2 ambulances - from the RAF emergency vehicles set.  There is lots of controversy over whether the RAF ever actually ever used K2s - so I have pressed them into service with the 11th armoured division - who definitely did.  They were built OOB with just lenses for the headlights and a bit of acetate for windscreens.  The drivers came from PSC - as the Airfix drivers were more flash than flesh.

As always in this area - constructive comment would be very welcome - so here we go...

K201.jpg

K202.jpg

K203.jpg

K204.jpg

K205.jpg

RAFF13.jpg

RAFF14.jpg

RAFF15.jpg

RAFF16.jpg

RAFF17.jpg

RAFF18.jpg

There is a WIP thread - which you can find here...

They were a basic build and went together quite well for their age - I hope you like them.

It's good to be back - Steve

• Like 21

23 hours ago, Widow 65 said:

Very nice.

Thanks widow - they were a good bit of fun.  If I was to do them again though I would definitely go for the aftermarket wheels that are available and maybe have the back doors open - with  couple of patients inside.

Thanks for looking and commenting - Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:46, glatisant said:

Superb. Have a couple of them myself. An oldie, but with a bit of work......

I have to say I rushed them a bit and I know they could be better - I'd like to do them again at some point - with the back doors open and some better wheels.  Hopefully they will appear in the new 'Classic Airfix' range - at a decent price.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:43, Vince1159 said:

Blimey how did i miss these two,great job again Big X.....

Thanks Vince - lots of fun and that's the name of the game. ;)

• Like 1

• BIG X changed the title to 1/76 Airfix K2Y Ambulances - 11th Armoured Division