Pre- Painted Instrument panels. LOOK 1:32

Pre- Painted Instrument panels

Eduard LOOK 1:32

packs.jpg

The first release of this new series was for the Revell P-51 Mustang (reviewed here). Eduard have now released three more sets of these innovative panels. These are for the Tamiya P-51D, and D-5 and the Tamiya F4U-1A Corsair. As with the first set, the modeller is provided with the main panel, side panels and centre panels if required. Each set also includes a sheet of etched steel for the seat belts. The panels have all the correct markings and placards painted on them and the faces of each instrument is glazed, making them look very realistic, particularly with a bit of weathering to get away from that newly built look.

f4u1a.jpg

Tamiya F4U-A Corsair

bin.jpg

p51d5.jpg

Tamiya P-51D-5

bin.jpg

p51d.jpg

Tamiya P-51D

bin.jpg

Conclusion

This new series is a great resource for those of us who are unable to replicate all the markings on a panel, all in one easy package. My only concern is if a model was to be put into a competition without the modeller declaring they have used a LOOK set, as, to me, it’s a form of cheating still stands though.

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

• Like 2

I agree with you on the 'cheating' thing, but to be honest the same could be said for existing PE sets like the Zoom ones. Where do you draw the line? Where ever you do, I personally feel that this stuff does cross that line...

That said it does look superb!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1

As long as the modeller declares that he/she has used it, I see no problem as it can be judged accordingly. The cheater is the person, not necessarily the parts. But that's just my opinion.

I recently purchased the LooK set for the Tamiya Spitfire, and there was a printing error where the instrument dials did not align with the bezels. Ouch. Eduard is sending me a new one.

As the reviewer noted, out of the package the instrument panel looks, well, new. Very bright whites on a very dark black. They definitely need some kind of "toning down" in my opinion. The contrast is too high. Maybe a few light passes with Tamiya Smoke or Gunze Smoke Grey...

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

I think these have been brought out as other companies are now supplying better stuff quite a bit cheaper than what Eduard is doing, and it seems doing it better.

I do like the Brassin that Eduard do, but when it now cost as much or even more than the kit it's designed for I'm starting to make do with kit parts more and more.

I'm not having a dig at Eduard as the price of a lot of stuff has shot up, but I'm now thinking when I can't see it when the models finished do I really need it

• Like 2