35 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Yugoslavia was part of the MTO?

I've just picked up a copy of "German Panzers and Allied Armour in Yugoslavia in World War Two" which is full of images of interesting types in odd situations ... the book has an ?ex-French R35? In German colours on the cover.

I'm sure I can find some inspiration in there ...

This is of course Patrice's ballgame now, but in the MTO GB #1 Yugoslavia would actually have been eligible, although that was unintended - I wonder who idiot wrote the rules back then :hmmm:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Yugoslavia was part of the MTO?

I've just picked up a copy of "German Panzers and Allied Armour in Yugoslavia in World War Two" which is full of images of interesting types in odd situations ... the book has an ?ex-French R35? In German colours on the cover.

I'm sure I can find some inspiration in there ...

Good evening Robert

I think that we can include the operations in Yugoslavia in this Gb ..

I add your name to the list Welcome aboard ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arniec said:

I am interested as well Patrice. With what?! I will have a look in the stash.

Cheers

Good afternoon Arniec

Welcome aboard I am sure that you will find something suitable in your stash ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 11:19 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I think that we can include the operations in Yugoslavia in this Gb ..

It most certainly should be. The allied air effort in the region, Balkan Air Force, came under Mediterranean Allied Air Forces command.

...and I would like to add my name to the list with a build of my Dad's 253 Sqn Spitfire Mk VIII, which flew fighter-bomber operations in Yugoslavia in 1944/45.

Kevin

Edited by KevinK
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KevinK said:

It most certainly should be. The allied air effort in the region, Balkan Air Force, came under Mediterranean Allied Air Forces command.

...and I would like to add my name to the list with a build of my Dad's 253 Sqn Spitfire Mk VIII, which flew fighter-bomber operations in Yugoslavia in 1944/45.

Kevin

Good afternoon KevinK

Welcome aboard I add your name to the list ..

All the best

Patrice

Just a thought, not sure if it’s been mentioned earlier.... but June 11th 2020 will be the 80th anniversary of the start of the siege of Malta, literally the centre of the MTO, I’m more ways than one in my humble opinion... it would be a real shame if this GB didn’t get through as I didn’t think of putting a Malta GB up. 

just in case anyone needed any further reason to sign up.

Rob

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Add me to the list Patrice,I've Airfix's HMS Ark Royal waiting for a GB slot.

Good morning Steve

Welcome aboard and Thank you we are now 30 for this Gb ..

All the best

Patrice

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

Excuse my ignorance but what does MTO stand for? 

Mediterranean Theater of Operations. The build covers anything that surrounded and or took place in the Theater from 1939 to 1945. So Southern France, Italy, the Balkans, Palestine, Crete, and Malta. I think it covers north africa as long as they subject was primarily involved in operations over the Sea and not the Desert. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

Excuse my ignorance but what does MTO stand for? 

As CorsairFoxUncle says, Mediteranian Theatre of Operations.

MTO I & II included: "Anything that was used in or supporting operations of war from 1.9.1939 to 8.5.1945 below the Alps and above the equator, from the Gibraltar to Iraq, sea, air or land, all scales and materials."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Mediterranean Theater of Operations. The build covers anything that surrounded and or took place in the Theater from 1939 to 1945. So Southern France, Italy, the Balkans, Palestine, Crete, and Malta. I think it covers north africa as long as they subject was primarily involved in operations over the Sea and not the Desert. 

8 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

As CorsairFoxUncle says, Mediteranian Theatre of Operations.

MTO I & II included: "Anything that was used in or supporting operations of war from 1.9.1939 to 8.5.1945 below the Alps and above the equator, from the Gibraltar to Iraq, sea, air or land, all scales and materials."

Good morning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Theater_of_Operations

Patrice

• Like 1