I didn't realise I hadn't signed up for this so far.

I've been accumulating aircraft for a German airfield scene probably sometime in 1942 with Stukas, 109s, MC200s and a Ju52.

So might be a good opportunity to get this project going.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Please add me to the list.I Ipicked up a Takom M3 Grant, which I want to build as a 7th Armored tank.

I also have a Maltese spitfire from Special Hobby, which was abandoned during the Spitfire GB earlier this year. 

Good afternoon SoftScience

Welcome aboard and see you soon for the start of this Gb

Best Regards

Patrice

3 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I didn't realise I hadn't signed up for this so far.

I've been accumulating aircraft for a German airfield scene probably sometime in 1942 with Stukas, 109s, MC200s and a Ju52.

So might be a good opportunity to get this project going.

Good afternoon Tim

Welcome aboard and see you soon for the start of this Gb

Best Regards

Patrice

2 hours ago, wayne 0 said:

My time at the workbench has fallen to zero over the past several months.

This may be the MoTivatiOn I need.

Would love to join the party if I may.

Good morning wayne O

Yes of course you can join and I really hope that this Gb will help you to do some modelling 

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

I'm sure I've signed up if not I am now,I really enjoyed Revell's 1/32 Corsair as a big single build in the recent GB so choices are something in that scale

or my fall back is to build Airfix's  old tool 1/48 Spitfire Vb and 109F in their MTO schemes.

• Like 3

Ok now Flickr didn't want to play with me tonight. I set up all of my MTO 3 stuff on my workbench, took a pic (directly to Flickr, which is a no-no) and packed the kits, spares, decals, masks and reference back to their drawers. Flickr never uploaded that pic... I'm in no mood to do that set again now.

Glad to see this GB hit the Currents already! It's one of my favourite subjects ever. Gotta go and finish the He 111 and a Bf 110 before this gets serious, then :thumbsup:. V-P

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Ok now Flickr didn't want to play with me tonight. I set up all of my MTO 3 stuff on my workbench, took a pic (directly to Flickr, which is a no-no) and packed the kits, spares, decals, masks and reference back to their drawers. Flickr never uploaded that pic... I'm in no mood to do that set again now

Don't you just hate it when that happens?  :fraidnot: 

• Sad 2

Good morning

This Gb  starts in a few days and i think it will be very successful, i would like to ask a participant to help me as co host  ?

Thank you in advance

Patrice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

This Gb  starts in a few days and i think it will be very successful, i would like to ask a participant to help me as co host  ?

Thank you in advance

Patrice

More than happy to help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

More than happy to help.

Good evening Ozzy

Thank you very much , I think that the work of a host / co-host consists mainly of welcoming the participants and helping them during their build ....

Patrice

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Ozzy

Thank you very much , I think that the work of a host / co-host consists mainly of welcoming the participants and helping them during their build ....

Patrice

Thanks Patrice,

i look foward to giving you a hand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Ozzy

That pretty much sums it up!   Oh...   and there is the added requirement that you have to have fun with it! :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

No  not another one...... 

This is another must do for me. I'm totally spoiled for choice. 

Do I go big or do I go small.

I might do something different like a Ju 88C-4. Nightfigher. 

Really hard call.

Definitely loads to choose from Greg,

look forward to seeing what you decide, the C-4 sound interesting definitely some interesting camouflage options.

40 minutes ago, klr said:

A placeholder for the kits I definitely plan to build for this (there may be more ... may be). Both Italeri, ex-ESCI tanks: Fiat M13/40 and Churchill III:

104704-13652-63-pristine.jpg

103345-10000-pristine.jpg

Nice selection, the Churhill will look good with a desert yellow and brown camouflage. "If that's what your planning".

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Nice selection, the Churhill will look good with a desert yellow and brown camouflage. "If that's what your planning".

That would be the El Alamein "King Force" subject, which is indeed my first choice, but only if I'm confident about the colours.

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I think I might join in on this one as well.  Right now I am leaning towards one of the Mid Stone/Azure Blue Martlet III's first sent to Greece then used by British. 

Looks like the jumping off point would be the Hobby Boss 1/48 F4F-3 (Early) kit and then modifying the cowl.  Have to dig into it some more.  One post I saw saying you had to do something with the windscreen.   If anyone has any other thoughts on this minor conversion please let me know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Call me crazy, but I think I might join in on this one as well.  Right now I am leaning towards one of the Mid Stone/Azure Blue Martlet III's first sent to Greece then used by British. 

Looks like the jumping off point would be the Hobby Boss 1/48 F4F-3 (Early) kit and then modifying the cowl.  Have to dig into it some more.  One post I saw saying you had to do something with the windscreen.   If anyone has any other thoughts on this minor conversion please let me know.

Ive been dying to do one of these for years. One build said to use the late F4F-3 but swap out the early cowl ? Im not sure if the extra bits are in the box though ? If you go forward I will definitely follow the build, and if I can help in anyway let me know. 

Dennis

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ive been dying to do one of these for years. One build said to use the late F4F-3 but swap out the early cowl ? Im not sure if the extra bits are in the box though ? If you go forward I will definitely follow the build, and if I can help in anyway let me know.

I have the Hobby Boss Late version already but it doesn't have extra bits.  It has the cowl with the two inner scoops and extra flaps, no upper outer scoop.  It does have the right windscreen for the -3A though.  So the cowl on the Early would just need the two chin scoops removed.  My other two questions is what harnesses in the seat and what type wheels.  Guessing it's not a Sutton's Harness, so then did they have only the lap belt or both?  Then what kinda wheels?  Diamond, Block or Radial?  Hard to tell in all the pictures, I'm leaning towards radial.