8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow, that's a statement of intent, and I am very envious of your storage capacity !

Look forward to seeing your Hurricane 

Cheers Pat

This unfortunatly also means that I shall not be so involved in GB's in the future as the number of 1/24 th kits is limited.

Ofcourse one or two 1/32 nd or 1/48 th kits might still make their way to a GB.

Edited by Erwin
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got so many aircraft to do for this theatre, I'm drawn to my Trumpeter Wellington Mk X in Dark Earth and Stone over Black scheme, Airfix Mk VIII, ditto also Revell Merlin Halifax same. Beaufighters, a Malta Beaufort, Bostons and Marauders..... list is endless.

I have a Flyhawk HMS Naiad I could carry on with from this GB a couple of years ago!

A 1/76th scale Dodge WK60 3 ton gantry truck with a 5 ton trailer with VIckers Light AA tank all from Milicast?

I hope this lockdown carries on!

Davey.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, vppelt68 said:

Anybody else hoping, praying and begging to get hold of those new Airfix Beaufort and Mk.Vc Spitfire kits early enough to finish them in this GB than I do :bounce:?

What's wrong with a High Planes Beaufort? Call yourself a modeller?! 😁

Davey.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2020 at 22:29, DaveyGair said:

Got so many aircraft to do for this theatre, I'm drawn to my Trumpeter Wellington Mk X in Dark Earth and Stone over Black scheme, Airfix Mk VIII, ditto also Revell Merlin Halifax same. Beaufighters, a Malta Beaufort, Bostons and Marauders..... list is endless.

I have a Flyhawk HMS Naiad I could carry on with from this GB a couple of years ago!

A 1/76th scale Dodge WK60 3 ton gantry truck with a 5 ton trailer with VIckers Light AA tank all from Milicast?

I hope this lockdown carries on!

Davey.

Where's @Enzo Matrix when we need him

All together now......

BUILD THEM ALL !

Cheers Pat

• Haha 5

Just waiting on a Star Decals sheet for Kiwi Armour in Italy to arrive. There's a nice marking set for a Sherman III on there that will be used on the Dragon kit for the GB. 

Looling forward to the GB starting.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:21 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Where's @Enzo Matrix when we need him

All together now......

BUILD THEM ALL !

Cheers Pat

W.W.E.M.D? (What Would Enzo Matrix Do) :D 

• Haha 3

So V-P, does that mean we can put you down for all 3 ?

Hi @TEMPESTMK5Patrice, 

My Iraqi Breda is a Rareplanes vacform, would it be ok to remove the parts from the backing sheet and sand them prior to the GB starting ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

So V-P, does that mean we can put you down for all 3 ?

Hi @TEMPESTMK5Patrice, 

My Iraqi Breda is a Rareplanes vacform, would it be ok to remove the parts from the backing sheet and sand them prior to the GB starting ?

Cheers Pat

Good morning Pat

I think that if you don't go further it is OK ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

On 05/06/2020 at 07:11, vppelt68 said:

@JOCKNEY Yes!

...though I just received information that I should get the three kits next tuesday :hmmm:Shirley I can wait until September before I build any of them? Oh actually I can, until Eduard releases the appropriate mask set for them!

Edit: It's now monday, and...

IMG_20200608_185157

:bounce:

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Steve 1602 said:

Evening Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 

Could you add me to this one please? Mine will be a Spitfire, I’m not sure which one yet, but I’ll get planning!

Steve

Good morning Steve

Welcome aboard

Patrice

• Thanks 1

Good morning Patrice 

I recently found an Esci Valentine tank in the stash I had forgotten all about, as I haven't built anything armoured since I was a nipper this might be just the opportunity to build it ?

Did the Valentine have the same camo scheme as the Matilda with the areas of light blue ?

Cheers Pat

That would be a yes concerning the Valentine and the Caunter scheme.   Also note you get to do the white/red/white recognition flashes as they appeared for Operation Crusader:

British%2520Tank%2520Valentine.jpg&key=8

Found a comment by Mike Starmer about the subject here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/rac-white-red-white-flash-t103327-s10.html

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

On 28/06/2020 at 12:47, JOCKNEY said:

Good morning Patrice 

I recently found an Esci Valentine tank in the stash I had forgotten all about, as I haven't built anything armoured since I was a nipper this might be just the opportunity to build it ?

Did the Valentine have the same camo scheme as the Matilda with the areas of light blue ?

Cheers Pat

Good afternoon Pat

Welcome aboard I totally agree this Gb will be the perfect opportunity to build this kit ... it makes me think that I recently bought the Matchbox L.R.D.G. 30cwt Chevrolet Willys Jeep set https://www.scalemates.com/kits/matchbox-40173-lrdg-30cwt-chevrolet-willys-jeep--1097074 that I had built when I was a kid and I think that it will perfectly fit in this Gb   ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 1

I have in my plans for close future Douglas DB7 from SH Boston III (1/72). But I was thinking on FF '44 scheme, with narrow invasion stripes. So I have to think twice about the MTO subject I will jump into this GB... Some French or German are most likely...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Good evening Patrice,

So it will be my first GB participation. Frankly speaking I just have  started my MTO collection some 4 months ago with DAK PzKpfw IV already built (RFI published in April) and PzKpfw III, Grant, Churchill and Stuart in various states of completion right now, but all of them are more than 25 per cent completed though.

Nevertheless I still have the Matilda, Crusader and Valentine in the stash and - as 2020 is my "AFV year" - I'd like to build this trio within the GB rules. The aircraft will have to wait for another opportunity (maybe MTO IV).

Cheers

Michael 

Edited by KRK4m
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Good evening Patrice,

So it will be my first GB participation. Frankly speaking I have already started my MTO collection already 4 months ago with DAK PzKpfw IV already built (RFI published in April) and PzKpfw III, Grant, Churchill and Stuart in various states of completion right now, but all of them are more than 25 per cent completed though.

Nevertheless I still have the Matilda, Crusader and Valentine in the stash and - as 2020 is my "AFV year" - I'd like to build this trio within the GB rules. The aircraft will have to wait for another opportunity (maybe MTO IV).

Cheers

Michael 

Good afternoon Mickael

I see that you are very interested in this Theather of Operations I am sorry for kits that you have already started but I think that the Matilda, Crusader and Valentine you plan to build should be very interesting to follow and maybe you will find enough time to build an aircraft ..

Best regards

Patrice

On 10/22/2019 at 9:44 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Mediterranean Theater of Operations. The build covers anything that surrounded and or took place in the Theater from 1939 to 1945. So Southern France, Italy, the Balkans, Palestine, Crete, and Malta. I think it covers north africa as long as they subject was primarily involved in operations over the Sea and not the Desert. 

Now I get it.

I might have a go at this one. Plenty in the stash would fit the bill. Maybe one of those Operation Torch planes with the US roundels...

• Like 3

On 9/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening

Ok let's start a list 

1 - TempestMk5

2 - Franky boy

3 - Valkyrie

4 - Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 - DaveyGair

6 - Niknak

7 - Jockney

8 - Rabbit Leader