*done* "Fool´s Paradise IV"

I see you have painted the top of the wings OD, but it is only the stripe-section that was in a darker color, mainly because they used oil soakes rags to wash away the topside invasion stripes. The rest of the wings should be same as the fuselage and underwing, ie NMF.

• Thanks 1

Good morning! Only lacking its canopy, nav and marker lights and of course the decals now. The paintwork is horrible but hey, I'll do it better next time. That's a promise 😇. Hope I get her finished today. Best regards, V-P

2018-09-16_10-29-05

2018-09-16_10-29-59

2018-09-16_10-30-51

• Like 3

I never end becoming amazed by the magic of the stickers :bounce:. She's having the Micro Sol treat atm and the windscreen is masked for some rattle can flat varnish, that's why she still lacks the canopy too.

2018-09-16_06-48-58

I may wait until tomorrow before varnishing and finishing, because of the decal softener. Best regards V-P

Edit: No, I didn't; the pics are in the Gallery :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, stevehnz said:

Looks like a good idea to me, I still have the original Airfix P-51D kit which came with Fools Paradise markings, built probably 50+/- tears ago & have long been keen to do a later one in this scheme from this decal sheet too, so I'll be watching with great interest. :)

Steve.

Lucky you! :)

The one and only 1/72 P-51D I havn't in my stash!

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thank's V-P to follow your build. It has been fun! :)

Now at last I got the old Airfix "Fool's Paradise IV". It was moulded 1973 according to the information on the "package". It was fun to see and compare this "first plastic P-51D" with the old Revell kit. It have some funny "double panel lines" making i look like someone "updated" the mould some time in the late 1960's.

Now I also had to get an new Airfix P-51D as well and build an "Fool's Paradise IV" as it was supposed to look. But should I start the build right away or wait for the upcomming P-51 Mustang group build?

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre B said:

But should I start the build right away or wait for the upcomming P-51 Mustang group build?

Depends on what other things you have going on at the moment... But we will never have too much P-51:s 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 14/08/2019 at 18:47, Andre B said:

Wonder concerning those decals. Where the "stars n bars" silver/aluminium lined?

Cheers / André

Sorry to answer your question this late, maybe you know this already! I assume that when the invasion stripes were field applied to aircraft, they left a thin margin between the insignia and the stripes. It's the base natural metal finish that was unpainted and thus lines the stars and bars.

Only one month to go before the Mustang STGB begins :yahoo:. Can't wait!

• Like 3