1/72 - Supermarine 545 multi-media kit (vacu+ origin Maintrack Models) by Whirlybird Models - release November 2018

Homebee

Whirlybird Models is to release at the SMW 2018 a 1/72nd Supermarine 545 kit - ref. 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/whirlybirdmodels/photos/a.520880691670428/520895088335655/?type=3&theater

New 1/72 scale full kit Supermarine 545 WPX72027VR £30. Available at SMW 2018

"It is the old Maintrack vacform kit but we have added resin cockpit, intake, undercarriage bays & doors, airbrake, wheels, tailplanes, undercarriage, and exhaust plus a bit of etch brass for some details."

40685283_520895095002321_314759475599559

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hm, might not bother with the Maintrack kit I was going to start when I got back from holiday. Whirlykits resin is pretty nice. 

On further checking and the price, I reckon it will be the Maintrack 545 vacform parts with new resin undercarriage, cockpit etc. Not sure I want to buy another 545 if that will be the case as it will be £30 for the resin etc as I already have the vacform and I know Roger will not sell the parts separately as I have asked him in the past and not that I can blame him. Plenty more stuff to do, so not an issue. 

Edited by Mr T
Additional information
  • Sad 1

"It is the old Maintrack vacform kit but we have added resin cockpit, intake, undercarriage bays & doors, airbrake, wheels, tailplanes, undercarriage, and exhaust. Plus a bit of etch brass for some details"

From Whirlybird, posted on Facebook. 

• Thanks 2

If it is at Telford, I might give it a look, Roger persuaded me to buy the revamp of the Britavia Dragonfly as he had added a lot to it and the only vacform left to use were the two fuselage halves. Some bits of the Maintrack kit are a bit underwhelming, although good for the time. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Looks like a Swift and a Hunter had a drunken fumble, and this popped out 9 months later :hmmm:

I think a Victor might have had a look in as well if you look at the wings! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I think a Victor might have had a look in as well if you look at the wings! 

Couldn't see the crescent planform from that side pic.  Maybe uncle Victor was involved then? :hmmm:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Looks like a Swift and a Hunter had a drunken fumble, and this popped out 9 months later :hmmm:

Supermarine 545 it was incest Hunter with Swift??? 😲

I know

one Swift 😉with a long nose,

20180826_234712.jpg&key=68b000144538e660

(see him there in the photo in the upper left corner?) ... I read him your post 😁... he says that if they had any kind of love relationship with the Hawker only Platonic love on base Fairey Fireflash air-to-air missiles:

01AT-FV1U.jpg

mev-11952927.jpg

but it was an unrequited, unrequited love for this twirl Fairey Fireflash! 😁

Is Supermarin 545 the result of a mutation due to infection of Swift through Fairey Fireflash, from Hunter?

😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The owner Whirlybird Models

(or anyone directly related to the company) is on the Britmodeller?

I would like to reserve this model for myself in Telford.

B.R.

Serge

17 hours ago, Aardvark said:

The owner Whirlybird Models

(or anyone directly related to the company) is on the Britmodeller?

I would like to reserve this model for myself in Telford.

B.R.

Serge

I do not think Roger comes on to this site, but Whirlybirds have a website with an email address. I was going to contact him as I have decided it will be a better build than the Maintrack one. Roger is a nice bloke, he is a retired vicar (Church of England priest) and an excellent modeller. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

I do not think Roger comes on to this site, but Whirlybirds have a website with an email address. I was going to contact him as I have decided it will be a better build than the Maintrack one. Roger is a nice bloke, he is a retired vicar (Church of England priest) and an excellent modeller. 

Thank you very much for your answer! My question was positively resolved through Facebook. They respond quickly and solve issues via Facebook. I highly recommend it for those who want to buy this model on Telford!

B.R.

Serge