Old Mull

Old Mull

Hi folks, old newbie. Been building models for over 65 years, started by my dad with Frog Vandiver control line kit and went downhill after that! Interests are quite wide, mostly scratch built, planes, boats, large scale garden railway stuff. On the stocks are two fifty plus year old boats getting refurbished plus scratch 1/24th Macchi M39 floatplane waiting for paint. Now partly retired they might get finished. Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in the forums.

• Like 3

Before anyone tells me, I KNOW there is a resin kit for the Macchi, but the cost of it would pay my car insurance for a year! It will appear, but not until I have built a couple of display cases for two 1/72 plank on bulkhead sailing fishing boats. Watch this space ( well, the appropriate place in the forums). Thanks Scimitar and Corsairfoxfouruncle for your welcome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dan, just picked this up. Yep, some crazy stuff, most of it out of control, crashed and burnt! Well, the fllying models until I realised what they were costing, before proper RC and ARTF.

Been a bit of a butterfly with modelling, mostly planes but boats, static and floating, cars 1/43 and 1/24. Some 54mm napolionic figures. First model? Was a cardboard  Viking ship with the old man , I got to paint the shields, at 8 years old.

Cheers, Dave

• 2 weeks later...