1/72nd Aurora restorations

Paul J

Just trying these as a restoration project of some of my very old builds from the 1970's!(See my other thread on Aurora...) And as a mojo restoration too.... hopefully!

EwwmZK.jpg

Some of parts in the group towards centre left are u/c doors for the Aztec of which I ma missing a couple for both my models.  Anyone got those lying around any where???
CEmckV.jpg

uBaOjs.jpg

The Cessna 337 in progress. Stripped of old paint and the last pic with white primer on.

These pics are before my camera went feet up! (Darned nuisance really).

HgAJaK.jpg

GNY20K.jpg

The Piper Aztec E Note the modded nose. For the nose job I used that old Humbrol plastic wood filler I recall.. hence the tan shade.

1mEcCW.jpg

The Jet Commander and its loose bits.

• Like 7

Hi, Paul.

You are going to do something very special.

I'll follow with interest your job, as I am an enthusiast of those old Aurora kits. I don't have anyone, though. 😪

There is a hope about an Aero Commander 520 due to come in this year by Croco Model, according to scalemates.com.

Awaiting for updates.

Bye

Eugenio

Hi Paul...

You are tackling a very special project, one that is very near to my heart. I remember having all of the Aurora general aviation 1/72 scale aircraft as a young boy, building them all to the best of my young inexperienced ability, and having the time of my life while assembling them I have found some of them on eBay, at times with outrageous prices attached; quite a far way from the $1.75USD I paid in the local toy store for them. Alas, someday I would like to build them again, with greater care and attention to detail that these beauties deserve. I'll follow this project with great anticipation. Here's hoping it goes well for you! Glad you're doing this. :like:

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Been a while since we've seen anything...how's the project coming along?

Stalled for a while due to other inspired builds taking precedence But thanks for the nudge. Just what I need to get back on to these. 

The Cessna 337 is done and finished as Canadian Coast Guard CF-DOL. I did post pics of it here ... somewhere.