Another BF109!

Lawzer

So with the Typhoon finished I really couldn't face another Mosquito so the only other candidate I have is this:

DSC_5692

(the Spitfire has already been built).

Will be built OOB with the exception of a resin seat kindy donated by @Antb !

After the errr...issues with the humbrol tinlets I have decided to use the newer "big pots" of humbrol (which as luck would have it the only 2 colours I have are the ones needed for this).  

Already done a wee bit of work:

SAM_0156

I won't bore you with sprue shots as it's exactly the same kit (apart from decals and the use of the tropical filter) as the other 109 I did.  

Gonna try and crack on with this as I bought a 1/48 hurricane from fleabay which (since I have holidays for the next 10 days) *might* make an appearance ;)

• Like 2

Excellent end result (from the Gallery) Ian - looks simple but perfect. A lot different from your other 109 (I feel I've missed out on the fun of the build, where has the build thread and pics gone?) Cheers. Mike

• Like 1

I actually finished it at the weekend but was in 2 minds to post any pics as if I'm being honest it's rough.....i think being on holiday i drink far too much coffee and so get "lost" for a few hours at the bench.....the do335 already has primer on it and i only started that on sunday 😳 (taht's my too much coffee face).....😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Excellent end result (from the Gallery) Ian - looks simple but perfect. A lot different from your other 109 (I feel I've missed out on the fun of the build, where has the build thread and pics gone?) Cheers. Mike

It kinda got away from me (the build)....before i knew it the gloss coat was on then that was that.....😁

I will refer you to the coffee comment above.  I also got the p47 "decal disfunction" finished.

i spent today (ALMOST coffee free) clearing shelves and thinking I am seriously running out of space....😆

• Like 2

I remember buying this kit when it was ‘new’, my first foray outside 1/72. Bought another a few years ago to relive the experience and it built up every bit as well as I remembered. Still my only 1/48 build though !

• Like 3