This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Habu12

Mitchell in Burma! 1/72 Airfix B-25C Mitchell Mk.II

9 hours ago, Habu12 said:

Good to know on the fairings. Makes sense tmsicen they had counterroating props. 

I don't think any variant of the B-25 had counter rotating props, nor did any of the WW2 USAAF twin-engine attack/bomber aircraft. The P-38 and XP-82 were the only two WW2 twin-engine designs that did, IIRC.

Mike

That is a superb looking Mitchell. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 9/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, 72modeler said:

I don't think any variant of the B-25 had counter rotating props, nor did any of the WW2 USAAF twin-engine attack/bomber aircraft. The P-38 and XP-82 were the only two WW2 twin-engine designs that did, IIRC.

Mike

I think you’re right. In which case, the airflow is still different on each side.

5 hours ago, Habu12 said:

I think you’re right. In which case, the airflow is still different on each side.

Which might explain why the A/B-26 Invader, which also had wing-mounted oil coolers, had the outlets on the underside of each wing. The A-20's oil coolers were mounted in the engine nacelles on the inboard side of each one, with the outlets at the end of each nacelle. (I'll take aircraft oil cooler trivia for five hundred, Alex!)

Mike

I can't think of any other significant asymmetry, but remain unconvinced by the explanation. However if it is right then it would be even more true for the underside as on the A-26, given  that there is more of the prop disc visible under the wing.  There must however be a good reason...

Another beautiful build - superb paint job.

After having bought the kit and having examined the instructions and the plastic I must revoke my statement about Hasegawa kit being far superior. 

Greetings from Burma! A very nice model indeed. 

Smashing job and finish! I hadn't seen a B-25 painted this way. Very nice scheme and nicely executed. Looks great! Well done!

Miguel

Posted (edited)

I’ve got the new release on the way, so stay tuned!

Edited by Habu12