Tamiya 1/35 M551 Sheridan

Robert

Tamiya to present their new Sheridan in 1/35 at the All Japan Model and Hobby show in late September https://tamiyablog.com/2018/09/tamiya-35365-1-35-m551-sheridan-to-be-presented-at-all-japan-model-hobby-show-2018/

Tamiya-35365-M551-Sheridan.jpg

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 3

More details.

■1/35 U.S. Airborne Tank M551 Sheridan
The M551 Sheridan was designed as a lightweight vehicle that could be airdropped into various theaters worldwide. This model recreates the M551 as it was seen in the Vietnam War, with the lightweight form and powerful 152mm gun/launcher accurately recreated in 1/35. Also captured are details such as the M113 gun shield, anti-RPG net, hull underside mine protection and more! ★Length: 185mm ★Gun barrel tip features rifling detail. ★Realistic assembly type tracks. ★Comes with full body commander and loader figures, plus driver torso figure. ★Includes 2 Vietnam War marking options.

Robert

I cut my teeth building Tamiya armour kits when I was a kid. Worked on people's yards on weekends. Once I was paid I rode my bike to the local Hobby Shop (Heritage Hobbies owned by a couple of engineers working at Rockwell) and then spent all my cash on kits and old skool Humbrol and Floquil paints.

I held off buying the Sheridan back then. Turns out I was just waiting for a New Tool kit. Looks fantastic and will build up great while listening to some old hippie music.

4 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

Great but it would be nice if it has at least some clear headlights unlike some of their recent tank kits.

Hmmmn?  My Tamiya Gama Goat is of recent vintage and has clear headlights.

9 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Hmmmn?  My Tamiya Gama Goat is of recent vintage and has clear headlights.

Some of their newer tank kits have clear lights etc but they can be hit or miss as some don't.   Unlike manufacturers like Dragon or Meng who seem to do a lot more clear parts including lights and periscopes.  I think it makes a big difference to the look of a finished model.