This is the Modelcollect 1/72 scale kit. It was an enjoyable week's build based on a couple of photos of a vehicle that also formed the basis for the kit's box-art. The tank is a bit unusual in that it has two styles of front-mudguard (I had to scratch-build the right-side one), and an asymmetrical arrangement of ERA brick on its side-skirts, plus side-skirt damage and some metal plates. This all too a bit of thinning, scraping and cutting to duplicate.  It was only after painting that I became aware that the tank was also missing its external fuel tanks and stowage panniers from atop the track-guards, but by then it was too late to replicate this feature. I note from the photos that I still have to paint in the driver's vision bloc - doh!

file.php?id=14090&t=1

file.php?id=14091&t=1

file.php?id=14092&t=1

file.php?id=14093&t=1

file.php?id=14094

file.php?id=14095&t=1

file.php?id=14096&t=1

file.php?id=14097&t=1

file.php?id=14098&t=1

file.php?id=14099

Here's a link to my build-log over on Missing Lynx: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/syrian-t-72bm-t316369.html

Thanks for looking.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Superb work Mark, a great likeness of the real thing and a fascinating build too.....Nothing's ever completely straightforward with Russian/ex-Soviet stuff is it?  :coolio:

Thanks Sgt SH, you're not wrong about nothing being straightforward!

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ian said:

Pretty far from being a 'Kit Basher' I'd have said !! - wonderful work, Mark.

Ian. (in the 'Naki)

Thanks Mate, glad you liked it.  (I'm in Auckland, but don't consider myself a JAFFA as Te Anau's my hometown)