Question about Danish Hunters

upnorth

Hello all,

I'm trying to gather some research material together before setting to work on a Danish Hawker Hunter.

I will be finishing it in the overall green scheme that they wore late in their careers. I can find a few good topside and underside photos to help me with weathering patterns, but nothing with regards to engine intakes, landing gear and gear bay areas. Did the green continue into those areas?

I ask as I've seen photos of Danish F-100s in that scheme that clearly showed the gear legs and at least the inside of the gear doors in the same green. However, the Danish Drakens didn't have the green in those areas.

What was the case for the Hunters in that regard?

Thanks in advance.

DanMil 3 has a couple of rather indistinct pix (pp. 194 and 208), that indeed suggest the green goes down far into the intake throats, and that nose legs and door interiors may have been green. However the pix aren’t great in the first place...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

This may be useful:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/alfblume/albums/72157603904096563

(scroll down a bit for the Danish bits)

Thanks! There's a few really useful ones there.

In some of the takeoff rotation shots, it looks like the gear bays may have been light grey or silver while the doors and gear legs were green.

Alf Blume was one of the main contributors to DanMil - I bet he is able to eliminate all mays and coulds, so if you try  contacting him (via Flickr?)?

Awaiting results, the pix of 402 indeed seem to show a „silver lining“ on top of where the wheel doors are, supporting grey/Alu/white for the well interiors.

I‘m not sure whether the apparent lighter colour seen on the intake bottom some distance in in the head on shots is the demarcation or merely a reflex.