New member FAA Helos

FAA Helos

Just to say hi from a 'senior' who has come back to the fold after too many years to remember! My main interest is FAA aircraft of the 60s to 90s, having worked at Yeovilton during the latter years of that period. Hoping to build both helicopters and  fast jets of the period having seen some impressive models both on line and at a recent exhibition.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard shippers!

11 hours ago, junglierating said:

Welcome aboard always good to have more matelots here  there are one or two of us who love baiting our light blue breatheren...all in jest of course....we all had the choice 🤣🤣😃

Who said anything about jesting? 

• Haha 3

Welcome to the forum @FAA Helos

Shame that the FAA went down the tubes.

Good to see that 'The Crabs' are helping you out a bit though by sending one of their Squadrons on to your boatie thingie :wicked:

(added purely to stimulate debate/stir it, as by osmosis I absorbed all things FAA at HMS Fulmar as I lay in my pram in the fifties)

The posts are 'interesting'. Im a civvy who worked at Yeovilton for 7years. Had to teach FAA the intracacies of the RAF central supply system. Was also fun trying to get Crabs to understand there was more to life than their small part of the world and that they needed to work with the Senior Service as we are all on the same side at the end of the day.  Have always been impressed with FAA fast jets, so now life has slowed down a bit am looking forward to building 'memories'.

• Like 1