DRDesign 1/72 Lilienthal 1894 glider Multimedia kit

Yet another pioneer machine, one of the many Otto Lilienthal's designs, a kit I made some time ago and also related to the post of the scratchbuilt Cayley's Flying Carriage.

The DR Design kit from Brazil presents its challenges, and requires patience and skill, but can be turned into a decent model:

01.jpg

02.jpg

19.jpg

28.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

• Like 30

2 hours ago, jeaton01 said:

Sweet, C.  DR Design?  Not a mainline kit maker I guess.

Hi J

A not well known Brazilian kit manufacturer that seems to specialize in 1/72 photoetched releases complemented with resin parts that leave much to be desired, but the subjects are appealing.

I built a group of those for a friend, some time ago. I don't think you can get them anywhere.

Cheers

26 minutes ago, Moa said:

Hi J

A not well known Brazilian kit manufacturer that seems to specialize in 1/72 photoetched releases complemented with resin parts that leave much to be desired, but the subjects are appealing.

I built a group of those for a friend, some time ago. I don't think you can get them anywhere.

Cheers

They surely do a kit of 14Bis then?

Having just seen your stunning collection of beautifully crafted historic aeroplanes that you have so kindly posted, I must admit to being in total awe of your modelling skills. 

What a collection of museum pieces. 

• Thanks 1

Wonderful, just wonderful – the 'classic' Lilienthal hang glider.

It's worth noting that Lilienthal wasn't just a trial and error adventurer, but a very methodical engineer, using i. a. a wind tunnel to test various wing profiles.

I wouldn't mind a kit in a larger scale, though. 😉

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, Spitfire31 said:

It's worth noting that Lilienthal wasn't just a trial and error adventurer, but a very methodical engineer, using i. a. a wind tunnel to test various wing profiles.

Indeed.

He can be seen here in the company of his assistant, Igor:

https://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d'actualité/gert-fröbe-and-man-walking-on-the-beach-in-a-scene-photo-dactualité/145663357#/gert-frbe-and-man-walking-on-the-beach-in-a-scene-from-the-film-those-picture-id145663357

I am working my way through your models and each time I am excited by the subject material and amazed by your skill in making first class models. Many congratulations for such interesting and out-of-the-way models - just what I really like.

P

• Thanks 1