1/48 Tiger and Pz III L ( Practicing basing )

I've been mucking about building bases for my older kits.  Here's what I came up with.

Tiger I on the tracks;

Tiger%201%2003-L.jpg

Tiger%201%2002-L.jpg

Pz III L On the road again....

Panzer%20III%2007-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2008-L.jpg

Panzer%20III%2009-L.jpg

And a quick shot of the Jagdpanther WIP

Jagdpanther%2032-L.jpg

All are just fun, quick projects to see what I could come up with.  I do think the bases set off the models better than the flat black bases I used before and didn't take very long to knock together.  I hope you like them too.
Thanks for looking in.

• Like 15

Great stuff. 

My old models usually end up in the bin IF I don't get around to placing them in a diorama/vignette. A 'quick and simple' base would no doubt have saved a lot of them!

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder - Thank you, glad you like my little do-dads.  Such a shame to think of binning your older models.  Though I don't have much more space to keep displaying my newer builds.

Bigfoot  - The track is PECO O scale bullhead flexitrack that I scribed in more wood texture to and then painted.  The bridge is just a plaster blank I casted up then scribed and painted to look like a stone bridge.  I need to practice a lot more on my carving but I am getting a bit better at it.  The bases are just Ikea photo frames and dense foam with the usual scenery bits.