Coastal Wimpy! 1/72 Wellington Mk.Ic Coastal Command

2 hours ago, Calum said:

Looks great. What paint did you use for the green?

It’s Dark Slate Gray, not green. And it’s TMM enamel. 

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

Nice! Is that the Trumpeter kit?

Chris

Airfix.

• Like 1

That's a superb looking Wimpy.  The paint finish is excellent and I particularly like how you've 'faded' the fabric over the geodesic structure on the wings.  It really gives the look of an aircraft exposed to the elements while operating over the North Atlantic.  On the strength of this I think my kit has just gone up a couple of notches in the stash.  I really hope this model is a success for Airfix, they really deserve it. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

That's a superb looking Wimpy.  The paint finish is excellent and I particularly like how you've 'faded' the fabric over the geodesic structure on the wings.  It really gives the look of an aircraft exposed to the elements while operating over the North Atlantic.  On the strength of this I think my kit has just gone up a couple of notches in the stash.  I really hope this model is a success for Airfix, they really deserve it. 

They’ve really picked up their game, after the missteps with the P-40B and Victor. Going back to Indian plastic was a saving grace. And some of their financial woes have been slightly eased.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Habu12 said:

And it’s TMM enamel. 

All right, I've scratched the brain cell & stirred up nothing, I'll maybe blame night shifts, but I'm hanged if I know what TMM is/are? 

They look darn good though, thats a nice Wimpey indeed. :)

Steve.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

All right, I've scratched the brain cell & stirred up nothing, I'll maybe blame night shifts, but I'm hanged if I know what TMM is/are? 

They look darn good though, thats a nice Wimpey indeed. :)

Steve.

Testors Model Master. However, the white is decanted Tamiya TS-26 Pure White.

Edited by Habu12