T-38C Talon

While the paint is drying / curing on my little Spitfires . I thought this would be a good time to begin my training program leading up to build some 1/48 fast jets , so where better to start than a little 'White Rocket' as they where nicknamed.

ICbpzeZ.jpg

The requisite sprue shots, I cannot find any horrible ejection pin marks , a couple on the intakes will need filling, the only pain I see is a centerline seem on both canopies which will need polishing out  (another new technique to master)

xqkjTmb.jpg

QctRO9s.jpg

QurLcH9.jpg

VBUi8aT.jpg

6fGrICb.jpg

After a little research , I will be doing a little scratchbuilding , between 2009 and 2014 the entire USAF fleet had their ejection seats upgraded to a version of the Martin Baker Mk16 (similar to EuroFighter and F-35). Therefore I will replacing these :

IC8JGG9.jpg

With a scratchbuilt one ... progress to follow :)

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands

I have started scratchbuilding a MB Mk16 Ejector Seat that is used by the T-38 Talon, the Martin Baker site has some useful pictures that I have used as reference as well as some from various USAF sites.

I have now built the frame, and just need to mix some milliput to make the seat and back padding, but I am not going to do that until I have built the 2nd seat. All pictures with the kits old style seat.

4TjBUCr.jpg

Enmrbbc.jpg

ij85W6H.jpg

Finally comparing it with kit seat placed in rear seat position in the cockpit.

apXIIZp.jpg

27jFXVH.jpg

KgS7GAC.jpg