F-104C Starfighter 1/48

Hello,Britmodellers! I`m newbie here,so,let me start with my newest model. It is Hasegawa`s wonderful Starfighter,wich is almost OOB,exept some scratched details. Decals is from box,white comets on the tail painted with masks. Best regards and happy viewing!

IMG_2476IMG_2478IMG_2484IMG_2485IMG_2486IMG_2488IMG_2489IMG_2490IMG_2491IMG_2492IMG_2493IMG_2494IMG_2495IMG_2496IMG_2497IMG_2498IMG_2500IMG_2501IMG_2498IMG_2499

Edited by roks
  • Like 52

Thank you,friends for your kind words!

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

A bit candylike, but that is how it was then!!

Well,and i like early jets for that (especialy US ones)! it looks like sort of Marvell comics🤩

• Like 1

Roks,

Excellent workmanship, and beautiful paint job. All in all,  a GREAT job!

The only small thing that's off is the left nose stripes decal. The stripes should all run front top to  rear lower on all the striped decals, as shown in this picture of the same aircraft at a different time:

2v2JhALt5xfzdhW.jpg

Also, the stripe treatment on the inside of the wing tip tanks has the same stripe pattern as the outside of the tank, but the decal supplier may not have included that, or perhaps they changed over time.

Probably most wouldn't have noticed this, but it came up when I built something similar earlier this year, so I'm kind of hyper about it.

Nevertheless, your build and model are outstanding!

Ed

• Like 2