Airfix 1/72 FW190 Quick-ish build

Another quick-ish build of the Airfix FW190 new tool. WIP here.

Mr Paint RLM colours and various Mr Hobby varnishes. Decals from Skys may not be scaled accurately but were truly exquisitely printed. Weathering by Flory Models dark wash and  er, ladies (?) eye shadow...A few challenges but this Butcher Bird looks suitably menacing and is relatively easy to build if you've got enough power tools and superglue 😉

stbd1.jpg

port1.jpg

port2.jpg

under.jpg

cockpit.jpg

front.jpg

porttop.jpg

All in all, very satisfying, especially spraying the tiny mottles with my excellent new Badger Sotar 20/20 plus the masked/sprayed top wing Balkankreusz. Still need a few pointers on photography, shame that @IrritableRabbit aka Jonathan Macauley is no longer active, he was a master of the digital model photograph. well that's it from me for today, thanks for looking and have a happy weekend.

Anil

• Like 33

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Excellent. Lovely paintwork.

Just a shame it's being flown by the Invisible Experte!

:rofl2::rofl2:Whaaaat ??? They also invented the Stealth pilots ???

Hello Anil,

Great to see her finished, Eismeer Staffel !! Not so oftenly seen !

I'll make one too, to complete my "Tungsten serie" !

Congrats for the Mötling you did better than what I did.

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Thank you all, its a real boost to my morale hearing this stuff! I'm hard at it and will be churning out more! Any tips on getting better photographs would be greatly appreciated. I'm fumbling my way through stuff like grey white balance, focus stacking and using Photoshop to"develop" DNG files. I really think I could use some help on the composition and lighting as the pictures are not very creative or inspiring