Gloster Gamecock 1/48

Marklo

40562606043_ee17a98ef8_z.jpg

32586213957_c3abb54c4e_z.jpg

Teeny tiny handmade eyelets (.5mm ID) attached to the underside of the upper wing. Now I can attach it and rig it. Managed to break the two wings apart so the center joint is a bit rough again... Sigh.

• Like 2

47516947782_15fe2caa19_z.jpg

32627475867_af79b945e5_z.jpg

Almost all the rigging lines in, top wing on and painted. The astute among you will notice a slight misalignment on the wing, which I will fix when the glue has had a bit more time to set. Photos are  a little blurry too, but you get the idea.  Have to add in the cabane struts and connect up the rigging. I'll properly square the upper wing as I do this.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

47537908222_df9c7d88a3_z.jpg

32648402787_62185597af_z.jpg

Upper wing decals on. The Zig zag was a nightmare. First attempt disintegrated, thankfully I had a second set (the Bulldog won't be flying for 17th Squadron) and very carefully applied them. (photo is a bit blurry) The  Zig zag a bit high on the left I did correct this after taking the photo.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Those cabane struts look great.  Leaving them to the end was definitely the way to go.  

Thanks. Frankly I've been putting them off and putting them off, but once the upper wing went on so easily (the Pup was a nightmare first time) I felt heartened to the task which proved pretty easy given a bows divider some accurately pre-drilled holes in the upper wing some ca and some plastic rod.

Now I just need to put hte engine back and tension the rigging and I'm almost there.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

46885677195_e12b3b2f13_z.jpg

Managed to get the rigging tensioned and the rest of the struts in. Still a little rigging left and some paint touchups, then it's just bits and pieces, the exhausts, the guns, the landing lights etc and we're done.....

• Like 3

40872464573_ff8640677a_z.jpg

33961838488_dedabba081_z.jpg

Small but significant progress. Last of the struts in (the anti flutter outer wing ones) and rigged the tail.   Guns, exhausts,  windscreen, fuel lines, a bomb rack , lights and a replacement tail skid and I think we're there

• Like 4

33983700888_fbb25538cb_z.jpg

Within sight of the finish line. All the fiddly detail bits that have to go on. The exhausts ( I'm sure I have two but can't find the other, thank you Pip) the fuel lines, two landing lights, four formation lights, ten strakes (with a few spares for the carpet monster), a replacement tail skid, the bomb rack and a windscreen. Gun barrels some radio lines, control  lines, fuel gauges and fairings and some rigging and some touchup of the paint work  after that then it's finished

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Fabulous-getting some good insights into the process ahead for the Avro 504. Hope to be back on the Avro this weekend.

Funny I was reading through my copy of Warplanes of the first world war (Fighters; Volume 1)  yesterday evening and going through the Avro section (I really Like the Avro spider which uses 504K parts for the forward fuselage and may turn up in my collection sooner rather than later) and I started wondering where your 504K had gotten to.

Edited by Marklo

47098409204_1174e17007_z.jpg

Did quite a bit on the Gamecock over the weekend. strakes, Windscreen, bomb rack, new tail skid and the wing lights all fitted.  Exhausts, more lights, fuel lines and gun barrels to follow.

• Like 2

Looks fantastic! I did start a Bulldog a few years ago, for its age, tis a surprisingly nice kit! Alas bits have gone missing so I may just have to buy a new one

Ash

47694562702_4ff540985f_z.jpg

Funnily enough I'm in the midst of a Bulldog as well (smer kit) and a Flycatcher and a Fury. The Smer isn't all that bad, once the molded on decals were removed, the ejector marks removed, the under wings skinned and some detailing around the engine and some interior detail addded, hmm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

47998660093_71b22a13ce_z.jpg

47998660673_ec60d3a38b_z.jpg

Gun barrels,Lights (7 in total) , Fuel lines and the last rigging points added. As well as some touchup of the paint. Just need to add the last of the rigging and touch up the silver and it's done......

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1