Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

Gidday @ManixZero, you have to go through a photo hosting site. I use Flikr that is quite easy to use (I'm a technological neanderthal, on a good day), and it gives me 1000 free photos. I believe others such as Imgur do the same. HTH. Nice helmet, BTW. Regards, Jeff.

5 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday @ManixZero, you have to go through a photo hosting site. I use Flikr that is quite easy to use (I'm a technological neanderthal, on a good day), and it gives me 1000 free photos. I believe others such as Imgur do the same. HTH. Nice helmet, BTW. Regards, Jeff.

Cheers mate!

I tried using Flickr but could only seem to manage to copy the text - not the photo.

I'll have to have another go when I'm sober!

MZ

30 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday

Turns out that I needed another drink!

PS I don't normally go about exposing my helmet to just anyone 

Cheers from the top of the world!

Edited by ManixZero
Helmet
  • Haha 3

Seems like a fun thread. Here's me when I get to wear something nice other than work clothes. This was taken a week ago at Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia while on vacation. Go by Vanessa when done up. crushing_vanessa3 on yt. Careful, I might just step on you or crush something and make you watch. I take my feet seriously and I'm not afraid to use them.

IMG-0862.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ManixZero said:

I tried using Flickr but could only seem to manage to copy the text - not the photo.

I'll have to have another go when I'm sober!

I'm a member of the ATF (Airfix Tribute Forum) as well as here and I found I had to use Flikr in a slightly different manner here because, as you said, I only got text initially. But it seems you've worked it out.

Oh, and I feel privileged to have been shown the helmet. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Seems like a fun thread. Here's me when I get to wear something nice other than work clothes.

Gidday, yeah, the situations that members have been photographed are many and varied. I'm on page 5, about 1/2 way down. I actually wear work clothes nearly all the time, although I'm now retired. I've got good going-out sets and some for more casual, as in the photo. This is because they're made from 100% cotton and as a volunteer bushfire fighter I can be called out at any time. I even wore my best set (with a tie of course) to a funeral. Regards, Jeff.

6 hours ago, ManixZero said:

How can photos be added to posts on this forum?

You need to sign up to a photo hosting site such as Imgur. There are many around, some free, some you have to pay for. Have a look in FAQ's and Help and Support and you'll find a couple of threads covering this topic. Just ignore the one that I posted regarding Village Photos, as they no longer have a security certificate

John.

16 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

In for a penny infor a pound as they say.

Just wanted to prove l am a Farmer, but perhaps no longer a boy!!

Farmerboy

Nice looking animals there.  How many do you milk?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Nice looking animals there.  How many do you milk?

Hi jackroadkill, these are some very friendly in calf heifers , due to enter the herd in September, we milk 330 cows at the moment, but as we rear all our own cattle there are 735 from newborn calves to adults on the farm. It keeps me busy!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

Hi jackroadkill, these are some very friendly in calf heifers , due to enter the herd in September, we milk 330 cows at the moment, but as we rear all our own cattle there are 735 from newborn calves to adults on the farm. It keeps me busy!!

Lovely stuff; when I'm not teaching I work on a dairy farm and can't help having a nosy at other folks' livestock!  Yours look to be in great condition.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

I'm a member of the ATF (Airfix Tribute Forum) as well as here and I found I had to use Flikr in a slightly different manner here because, as you said, I only got text initially. But it seems you've worked it out.

Oh, and I feel privileged to have been shown the helmet. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

Gidday, yeah, the situations that members have been photographed are many and varied. I'm on page 5, about 1/2 way down. I actually wear work clothes nearly all the time, although I'm now retired. I've got good going-out sets and some for more casual, as in the photo. This is because they're made from 100% cotton and as a volunteer bushfire fighter I can be called out at any time. I even wore my best set (with a tie of course) to a funeral. Regards, Jeff.

I saw your pics when checking out the thread.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 10:11 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

Seems like a fun thread. Here's me when I get to wear something nice other than work clothes. This was taken a week ago at Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia while on vacation.

IMG-0862.jpg

Nice legs.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/07/2022 at 19:00, Farmerboy said:

In for a penny infor a pound as they say.

Just wanted to prove l am a Farmer, but perhaps no longer a boy!!

Farmerboy

My dad grew up on a farm on the west coast of Ireland.

I knew he was never going to be a farmer when I asked him what type of cows they had back on the farm ?

His answer "ordinary ones !" 🐄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Might as well post a new photo on here. 

20220814_170214

Me after my first hour long solo flight in a glider back in August, got up to 7,695ft 

Adam what type is the glider behind you ? Looks a lot like the ones I used to fly in back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. 

3 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Adam what type is the glider behind you ? Looks a lot like the ones I used to fly in back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. 

It's an ASK21. They've been in production since the 1970s, with the original ASK21 only being replaced by the slightly improved ASK21B a few years ago. 

20220814_170200

20220716_184415 20220806_180833

The Grob 103 family of gliders all look very similar to this as well, particularly the G103A Twin II, which I also fly. The Air Cadets have the Twin II Acro, the exact same variant as NU2 here, under the name Viking T.1.

_DSC0701

Best way to tell them apart if you can't distinguish between the shape at a glance would be the Grobs have side opening canopies, but the K21 has front and rear opening canopies. 

20220926_115018

20220715_112958

The other good way to tell them apart is the amount of swearing coming from the people who have to rig them. The Twin II is a pain to put the wings on, and I've had to do it twice this week 😭

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, since it seems im here to stay, might as-well put my actual mugshot out there.

R8qoAee.png

I know, must be a little weird seeing someone so young here.

The thumbnail is indeed me slightly more animefied.

Wanted to create myself a WWII USN captain/adrimal style uniform using some flea-market finds, 3D-printed bits and some such, but thought that would be a little boring, so i added a few extra bits to make it my own.

There are elements taken and inspired by and also nods to Azur lane, KanColle, and High school fleet. As-well as some of my own bits as-well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

It's an ASK21. They've been in production since the 1970s, with the original ASK21 only being replaced by the slightly improved ASK21B a few years ago. 

20220814_170200

20220716_184415 20220806_180833

The Grob 103 family of gliders all look very similar to this as well, particularly the G103A Twin II, which I also fly. The Air Cadets have the Twin II Acro, the exact same variant as NU2 here, under the name Viking T.1.

_DSC0701

Best way to tell them apart if you can't distinguish between the shape at a glance would be the Grobs have side opening canopies, but the K21 has front and rear opening canopies. 

20220926_115018

20220715_112958

The other good way to tell them apart is the amount of swearing coming from the people who have to rig them. The Twin II is a pain to put the wings on, and I've had to do it twice this week 😭

The canopies clinched it looks like I flew in the grob’s. As the canopy hinged to the side. I took about 7 flights over three years, highest I ever got was about 9000’ feet as we had no oxygen. My goal was to get my glider license back then. The hours needed were minimal compared to a PP license. Sadly it just kept getting pushed back on my list. Not that I haven't flown, Ive taken the controls of many aircraft when flying with friends. I have about 40 hours built up with about a 50/50 mix instrument and day flying. Various types ranging from Pipers and Cessna's to Bell and Hughes helicopter's. The most exotic type was a Learjet. Well thanks for letting an older dreamer reminisce and talk for a bit. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just new here. 

The Name is Achim Engels, located in Wäschenbeuren, Germany . Keen of any form of aircraft and military and vintage stuff, builder of full size WWI reproduction aircraft, historian, author, flyer and of course - among many more other things - modeller. Owner of a small modelling and aircraft mancave that grew into a little museum (See www.fokker-museum.de for a virtual tour in case of interest).

spacer.png

Edited by Achim Engels
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dogload said:

I notice that it's OK to post piccies with guitars and stuff, so here's me in July '22, pulling faces in a psychedelic mist with a Fender Jazzmaster. I think it captures my essence 😜

52586006087_02e3a82b8c_c.jpg

Woah, I've got a lot of love for the Jazzmaster, and quite a bit for the foil helmet.

• Like 1