Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

Hi everyone,

seeing that there is now a Mugshots Mk. 2, I thought why not...

I will be in good company.

So here is a photo of two of our game rangers and I, taken a couple of years ago during a pretty hectic rainy season.

This is after spending a couple of hours lying in the mud trying to get the Land Cruiser out of the porridge I had got her stuck in...

As it is my wife's car, I was O so popular.

JR and scouts

Have fun!

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 15

Gidday @jean, that's not my idea of a therapeutic mud bath. But I can appreciate the fun you had getting the Landcruiser out. I've got firefighting vehicles stuck in mud - twice. The first was many years ago, a land cruiser fast-attack stuck in mud like silt. The second was a few months ago and was a 14 ton truck that broke through the track into thick mud underneath. Yeah, a lot of fun. 😀 Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Everyone 

Well if my mate JR is posting a selfie, then I'll have a go to.

IMG-20220317-WA0007

Cheers Pat

So who's the guy in with the beard standing to your left?!

• Haha 6

On 08/03/2022 at 12:44, 81-er said:

And here I am few years later playing bass for my band that came closest to musical glory, at Tuffnel Pak Dome:

ulAU2ht.jpg

The drummer for that one also played with the James Taylor Quartet at the time (which we were very different to as we were a death metal band) and the hairy wookie at the right is one of my best mates, who's had two stints in Cradle of Filth. 

James

Sorry James, I somehow managed to miss this post entirely!  I trtied to work out who your friend might be, based on having been in COF twice, but their lineup has changed far too much, far too often for me to recall much beyond Cruelty and the Beast!

JRK

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Everyone 

IMG-20220317-WA0007 m

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,

good to see what Father Christmas looks like!

When I say you are a million times smarter-looking than I am, I am not joking.

My daily attire is pretty much like on my photo, except most of the time drier, but not always cleaner... much to SWMBO's dismay. 

And with a smile like yours you should either be a crooner or a politician! Suave and debonair.

Cheers mate.

JR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackroadkill said:

Sorry James, I somehow managed to miss this post entirely!  I trtied to work out who your friend might be, based on having been in COF twice, but their lineup has changed far too much, far too often for me to recall much beyond Cruelty and the Beast!

JRK

Hi Jack, it's all good. My friend is James McIlroy

James

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Everyone 

IMG-20220317-WA0007

Cheers Pat

Can I apologise for my attire,  my Kilt was in the wash so I had to go with troosers, for the photo :whistle:

• Haha 5

Here’s my ugly mug, in my man cave/den/study in front of part of my collection.  I always forget to smile for selfies, concentrating too hard on the composition!

51951488816_cf43f8e492_b.jpg

and at the controls of the a Jet Provost at Cosford in 2019:

48100309551_578d6427c1_b.jpg

AW

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

Well, I don't have any cool pics of me in a plane or a tank; but this is the latest pic of me that I could find- my last day of work, after retiring a year and a half ago, having spent 43 years in one of these or an equivalent.

spacer.png

• Like 11

Got a picture of me the other day that I don’t mind sharing.  Normally I am the one taking photos of aircraft so this was a change.  Had a taster flight in this one & must admit I had a good time.  If anyone recognises me I will of course be forced to deny everything 

5BaWb4w.jpg

• Like 8

On 26/04/2022 at 19:36, Skodadriver said:

Doing what I do when I'm not building models.

(Yes, I have heard all the "big organ" jokes many, many times :penguin:).

52032226154_22d8a163ca_z.jpg

Thanks for not including the big organ in the photo, much appreciated  :tmi:

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

• 2 months later...

Air show organiser who has been sucked into the "fling wing" dark side.

From Masterton New Zealand. Hood Aerodrome.

On 23/04/2022 at 14:44, Quiet Mike said:

Here's me waiting patiently to ride around Goodwood Circuit last year. If I'm not whittling away at plastic I'm usually tinkering with an old bicycle.

My God Fairfax! It's really been a long while since you rode France's streets with your chum Carstairs, he on a girls' bicycle, and you both dressed as onion sellers! 

Definitely must visit the Goodwood fun someday.

• Haha 1

Here's picture of the typical fat and ugly Austrian Barrel, sometimes referred to as "Tonne". In the background you see a Saab J29. 🙂

43946366cc.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't resist the pun, when I had the chance to ask my wife to take a picture of me in front of a Saab Tunnan. We visited an army and aviation junkyard Technology Museum during our Tour de Autriche, where mostly older artefacts of Austrian and Eastern military history are exhibited. I've been there before, and enjoyed my visit there as usual, or maybe this time even more so as I finally plan to start my 1/48 Tunnan build, and think of a Fishbed in the same scale, where I will post more pictures.

But for now I just wanted to fulfill my duties in this category. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

In for a penny infor a pound as they say.

Just wanted to prove l am a Farmer, but perhaps no longer a boy!!

Farmerboy

Nice, I grew up in Northern Wisconsin around multiple dairy farms. I have many memories helping friends on their farms. 

• Thanks 1

Well being completely new I thought I'd scare you all to death by adding a mugshot. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/manixzero/52205749984/in/dateposted-public/

Well, no mug - just a link to a mug.................

How can photos be added to posts on this forum?

IMaybe there is or should be a sticky for us newbies?

Cheers

MZ

Edited by ManixZero
Details added