Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 4:02 PM, Bobs_Buckles said:

I'm one of the original old gits that signed up to BritMod back in 2007. Here is a more up to date pic of me (pre Beer flu)  walking in the Highlands of Scotland.

Happier days. 

Cheers,

Bob

spacer.png

Bob! Looking good!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Don't look so worried mate, being skinny hasn't detracted from your good looks at all. :)

Gidday, I think he's worried the bird is going to take off with his spectacles, or decorate the back of his shirt. 😁

Regards, Jeff.

41 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, I think he's worried the bird is going to take off with his spectacles, or decorate the back of his shirt. 😁

Regards, Jeff.

And in fact, moments later...

PXL_20220124_201031252

• Haha 9

Well, I've been here long enough now to show you all this:

spacer.png

Taken in 1998, this is the 19-year old Jackroadkill, lamenting the fact that the usual supply of black lipstick had run out.  I thought I was so cool....  Still, we all make mistakes.

Fast forward to the Christmas 2020 Blitzenbuild, add a good bit more fat, and you get this:

spacer.png

Where did it all go wrong?!

• Like 8
  • Haha 13

22 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Where did it all go wrong?!

A question I think a lot of us ask from time to time.  Depressing, innit? :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Procopius said:

Me, after losing fifty pounds since August. 

Congrats on the weight loss PC, seriously hoping all is well with you and your family ? 

16 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

And gaining a weird parrot.

Well isnt that one pretty, African Grey ? 

8 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Well, I've been here long enough now to show you all this:

spacer.png

Taken in 1998, this is the 18-year old Jackroadkill, lamenting the fact that the usual supply of black lipstick had run out.  I thought I was so cool....  Still, we all make mistakes.

Its all right we all act a bit crazy in our youth. I was a Hell-Raiser myself back in the day.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its all right we all act a bit crazy in our youth. I was a Hell-Raiser myself back in the day.

I like to think of this as a young man's rite of passage!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Congrats on the weight loss PC, seriously hoping all is well with you and your family ? 

We're doing all right, all things considered, hope you're well, Dennis! I'm afraid I've been wasting a lot of time painting tiny Warhammer 40,000 space marines instead of doing proper modelling, but I trust this too will pass in time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Procopius said:

We're doing all right, all things considered, hope you're well, Dennis! I'm afraid I've been wasting a lot of time painting tiny Warhammer 40,000 space marines instead of doing proper modelling, but I trust this too will pass in time.

My wife and I are doing well, my mother on the other hand isn't. Poor woman was walking out of a grocery store a week ago last Friday and was run over by a car. A few surgeries later and she’s been moved to a rehab facility. 

• Sad 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 11:31 AM, jackroadkill said:

Taken in 1998, this is the 19-year old Jackroadkill, lamenting the fact that the usual supply of black lipstick had run out.  I thought I was so cool....

Yeah, I've got many of those myself. This is me aged ~23 thinking I was a rockstar:

lqv0yn3.jpg

Fast forward to today and this is me aged 41. Older, wiser (ok, maybe not), slightly more metal stuck through my ears, and definitely more knackered. The hair's still just as long, I just don't braid it any more:

47gPIe9.jpg

James

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, 81-er said:

Yeah, I've got many of those myself. This is me aged ~23 thinking I was a rockstar:

As soon as I saw the braids I guessed you'd be playing an Ibanez!

I blame heavy music for my knackered skeleton, blown-out ears and shattered dreams.

Indeed I was. Much to my amazement I've actually still got the rest of the pictures from that gig on this pc (I thought I'd archived them years ago). So just for you Jack, here's the guitar in question, an Ibanez RG7321 that I'd stuck green Dimarzio's in:

MWKxBVU.jpg

Note the insanely excessive (and rubbish) Ibanez fullstack, completely overkill for a back-of-a-pub gig in a room with a max capacity of about 100 🤣 My hearing is actually not too bad, thanks to investing in decent earplugs at a young age.

And here I am few years later playing bass for my band that came closest to musical glory, at Tuffnel Pak Dome:

ulAU2ht.jpg

The drummer for that one also played with the James Taylor Quartet at the time (which we were very different to as we were a death metal band) and the hairy wookie at the right is one of my best mates, who's had two stints in Cradle of Filth. 

James

• Like 5

Well since I have had so much entertainment going through all of the above pictures, and not least the comments, here is one of me at work some months back when Airbus Helicopters were celebrating the 25’Th anniversary of the EC/H135. 

jDw3MbD.jpg

It’s funny, I have had red hair pretty much since I was born, then, as I woke up on the morning of my 55’Th birthday I had suddenly started to grow a grey beard 🙄 

• Like 7