Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

13 hours ago, Army_Air_Force said:

Taken at the beginning of February this year, with two of the toys out playing in the snow.

So that's where the mystery Jeep I passed coming through Fatfield came from!

On 3/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, Rangerboy83 said:

Ain’t getting a close up of my face but here I am enjoying myself in BATUS a year or so ago. Decks up coolant leak and a turret full of diesel.  Lol.

40414449463_26e6f815a7_b.jpg

That brings back memories. A med man ain't complete without at least one break down each.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

spacer.pngI debated whether or not to upload a picture, I look like a goof in pictures. I first wanted to include my wife, the better half always makes photos look better, plus, she is going to start her first model in her life, as we build two Tamiya motorcycle kits in 12th scale. She doing the Ducati and the second, a Yamaha R1M.

50595971_2522079311152373_55192013423729

Edited by Stalker6Recon
Photo didn't load
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Greetings all - have recently returned to the hobby of my youth (ca. 2 yrs ago).  Retired USN (27 yrs)Naval Flight Officer (E-2C Hawkeye) 525 carrier landings/3500hrs, now working as a Dept of the Navy civilian.  Focus area 1/144-1/32 aircraft, mostly Cold War and forward, 1/350 ships (US, Soviet/Russian and PLAN).  Pics are of some of my recent works.

1/350 KIROV

spacer.png

1/35 Tondar 69 CRBM (derived from SA-2)

spacer.png

1/48 MiG-31K/Kinzhal ALBM 

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 7/6/2019 at 2:13 AM, wdossel said:

Greetings all - have recently returned to the hobby of my youth (ca. 2 yrs ago).  Retired USN (27 yrs)Naval Flight Officer (E-2C Hawkeye) 525 carrier landings/3500hrs, now working as a Dept of the Navy civilian.  Focus area 1/144-1/32 aircraft, mostly Cold War and forward, 1/350 ships (US, Soviet/Russian and PLAN).  Pics are of some of my recent works.

Greetings to you as well. Some stunning work there, you must have a very steep learning curve. Look for @Tailspin Turtle on here he is a kindred spirit to you I think.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:13 AM, wdossel said:

Greetings all - have recently returned to the hobby of my youth

Wow, you and I are like brother, we are the same! Except our military experience, drove the Bradley, but went light at my unit in Germany, only spent three years (med-board), haven't made it past my first build cockpit (WIP started a few months ago) and I have absolutely none of the skills and talent that you clearly have. Other than that, we are the same............lol!

Anyway, welcome back to the hobby, something tells me that you have always been one of those guys that skills just came naturally at whatever you tried, being a pilot doing traps, attention to detail is hammered in, this shows in your "early" work. If my current marathon F-15A build comes out a tenth as nice as those models above, I will be very happy!

As always, thank you so much for your service. While we all made sacrifices while in the military, I often found myself mumbling quietly, "I am about to pull the detonator and set off a nasty big bang with the C-4 we just set, and someone is willing to pay me to do this, how freaking cool is that!"

Cheers,

Anthony "stalker6recon" D'Agostino

PS. What was your call-sign, you can't model without it? Mine was stalker6recon, I changed it from boring "radio", as a Cavalry Scout, Recon, it just sounded better to me.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO HELLO !

I'm new here and i present my self today.

Since a couple of years, i'm making some models again.

I made a lot of them when i was younger until the age of 16. (nearly 40 years ago...🤪)

I'm particulary interested in WWII period. (planes, figures et vehicules).

Thank you for your welcome.

Kind regards from BELGIUM.

Amaury

PS : Sorry if i'm posting my presentation maybe in a wrong place.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Jon

Thanks. I hate having my photo taken, but as this a time of complete strangeness............

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, Bish said:

I'm another who doesn't spend much time that side of the camera, fortunatly for all invoved. But who can resist a pick next to some cute peguins. This was 2011 at Volunteer Point on the Falklands.

46536733904_f2b3a87bc9_o.jpg

But the quaintness of the Penguins in photo's can never express the smell of the them.  Berth's Beach in the FI was smelly as hell...

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

But the quaintness of the Penguins in photo's can never express the smell of the them.  Berth's Beach in the FI was smelly as hell...

I hear they speak very highly of you ;) That one lying down is really fainting from the smell of human aftershave. :owww:

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, uncletommy said:

Much as it pains you, this is moi.  My better side.   Assuming of course that I actually DO have a better side.  :S

49749054848_ea754ddc80_c.jpg

I can see that your former special forces training has taught you to have your wee school desk facing the door so you can close any of your Hannants tabs before your OH can see them.  Very wise :yes:

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Thankfully with the passage of time, Martin has been able shower and buy new clothes.

One thing I avoided in that part of the world was a boat trip to a Penguin colony. I've been downwind of Flamingos, and I learned my lesson.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Ye, your not kidding.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hope I’ve copied the url correctly. 
This was taken at Cold WarbJets Day at Bruntingthorpe in 2018.  Sitting in a Lightning was a unique experience although a very tight fit!  Think a Hercules would have been more my cup of tea - far more legroom!

DSC_0126 copy

Edited by ThreeGreens
hadn't copied photo url properly
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...