Put a Face to your Name Mk.II

Mike

On 10/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, Gorby said:

Against my better judgement, but you asked for it....

Taken a couple of months ago, on holiday in Scotland, by a passing American (they get everywhere don't they). I hope you don't need to be told which one is Mrs Gorby.

ddf906f4-1f8f-44ca-add5-34a089fd18fb.JPG

Not many people know I'm an ancient Roman soldier, most people think I'm just ancient.

Attractive, intelligent and a nice smile...oh wait you're the one on the left. Doh!

• Haha 4

On 10/1/2018 at 7:09 PM, Grey Beema said:

Those with sensitive stomachs should turn away now...

This is me with G-ILDA or "The other woman" as Mrs GB calls her (well everyone else has a cool photo)...

44987829692_6d9569ed88_b.jpg

The only 70 year old I've taken to heaven and back - (that'll get me banded from the forum)...

That might not but seriously this Spitfire  is a dreadful piece  of work: 

The codes are in the wrong place and in the wrong font

The camo delineation is too soft and not correct either

The belts are wrong colour

There are no photoshopped red lines in this photo

And finally the interior green you've used is pants..

As an example of model building it is beyond redemption, I can see why you had the good sense to pose that handsome chap as eye candy  in front of this hacked about kit bash but it didn't work with me...👿

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, azureglo said:

That might not but seriously this Spitfire  is a dreadful pace of work: 

The codes are in the wrong place and in the wrong font

The camo delineation is too soft and not correct either

The belts are wrong colour

There no photoshopped red lines in this photo

And finally the interior green you've used is pants..

As an example of model building it is beyond redemption, I can see why you had the good sense to pose that handsome chap as eye candy  in front of this hacked about kit bash but it didn't work with me...👿

That may be the case but I got the crowbar colour right....

• Haha 9

Well, despite not needing any more kits, or any more 'stuff' full stop a few weeks back a mate who regularly visits the local tip called and said, they have a Hurricane kit, Airfix , 1/24th, bit started, are you interested, I said, well, depends what they want for it...here mubling, they want a a quid.... I said of course

And this is what arrived..

44642848545_3e88ff930f_o.jpg

I'm in doing stuff round the house mode, hence cap and pencil behind ear.  I was rather chuffed about this,  but I'm not hip to be able to do the farcebook selfie grins....  I just used the autotimer...

Kit is nearly complete, and couple of engine panels basically tacked on,  missing a prop blade and a cracked windscreen, and knackered decals...

Looks like the boxing I had in my youth.  I also have another started one, with I think the missing bits (stashed elsewhere) plus scrappers from my youth..

Same mate also said a couple of weeks later, I've got a you Spitfire kit,  someone he was working for was clearing out stuff,  I said what kind, he said it's Eduard VIII, !/48th, and later on a Profipack Mk.VIII turns up, missing the instructions.... but I can live with that.

Cheers Steve!

• Like 7

Nice to see a face of someone I was talking to on the phone. I remember that boxing, I bought it when it came out (from Boots of all places as  my girlfriends mum had a staff discount card) when I was at uni with some money from summer job, as unlike a lot of my contemporaries I did not drink very much. Have your books arrived yet? 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2018 at 14:37, azureglo said:

Attractive, intelligent and a nice smile...oh wait you're the one on the left. Doh!

That's a shield Anil.  He's the one in the middle :doh:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Avereda said:

In moody, onstage bass-playing mode. The Sky Blue Precision is the star of the show here.

30624112997_0d7794d745_z.jpg

"And for those of you watching in black and white, the bass is the blue instrument*"

* edited for authenticity after consulting the Oracle of Ted Lowe

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Is this better?

If anything, the cap makes you look even more like a sea captain. I feel sure I could hear the haunting strains of a Stan Rogers song about a Great Lakes freighter.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Procopius said:

If anything, the cap makes you look even more like a sea captain. I feel sure I could hear the haunting strains of a Stan Rogers song about a Great Lakes freighter.

I've been wearing hats like this for about 40 years. The one in the picture is the oldest I have. It's 1985 vintage.

I do like me some Stan Rogers and I am originally from Nova Scotia.

Chris

I'd post a pic, except that 1. I do not photograph well, 2. I don't do selfies and don't have anyone to take one for me and, 3. I do not photograph well.

Also, I hate having my photo taken, because of reasons.

• Like 1

Back in High school, I was a God !!!   180 pound's, muscular, and the girl's "Flocked" to me.....

Then this happened...

DSCF00126.jpg

BTW: get a good look at the workbench. I took this picture the day my wife bought it for me......

It's not that clean now.....

• Like 8

12 hours ago, kkarlsen said:

Cheers: Kent

Hi Kent, I didn't know you were a BM member (I would welcome you to the site but you've been a member longer than I have).

Just wondered why you haven't posted some of your stunning builds on here, the BM members would love them - particularly your astounding cut-away Catalina.

Gorby (Gorbygould on Scalemates)

10 hours ago, Bill.B said:

Hey Little Timmy, you weren’t just an ordinary god at school, you were a rock god......AKA Rick Wakeman!

Hey ! I didn't know i had a "Long lost Brother" .....

Actually, most of my friend's think I look like Tommy Shaw of STYX .

1200px-Tommy_Shaw_of_Styx.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...