Very nice F-104. I love that aircraft, especially in some of the European NATO colours it has worn over the years. The Italian Air Force Starfighters always looked good!

Terry

Well, as only your second jet build it came off very well. I’m sat at Milan airport now, flying home,  and so have a little Italian air around me ;). It all feels great, as is your build. Good luck with the next. Maybe try a Hasegawa F-104 in 1/72. A great progression from the Esci.

Martin 

Edited by RidgeRunner

On 8/29/2018 at 9:49 PM, Terry1954 said:

Very nice F-104. I love that aircraft, especially in some of the European NATO colours it has worn over the years. The Italian Air Force Starfighters always looked good!

Terry

Hi Terry @Terry1954, I agree - of course ;). I really should get a ‘104 built one day! I have a few stacked up!! ;)

Martin

• Like 1

Now you've done it! You've gone and gotten @RidgeRunner all excited! Seriously, a very nice '104- I always liked the Esci/Italeri F-104 kits- with some aftermarket bits and a new canopy, they come out really nice. I have a NethAF F-104G with the under fuselage twin AIM-9 mount that I was working on quite a  while back- might need to pull it off the shelf! Seriously, a very nice build!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

45 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Now you've done it! You've gone and gotten @RidgeRunner all excited! Seriously, a very nice '104- I always liked the Esci/Italeri F-104 kite- with some aftermarket bits and a new canopy, they come out really nice. I have a NethAF F-104G with the under fuselage twin AIM-9 mount that I was working on quitea  while back- might need to pull it off the shelf! Seriously, a very nice build!

Mike

Ah, so many kits and do little time :(... I have four F-104s in the piles - a Revell C, a Hasegawa TF- and two  Hasegawa G/Ss plus multiple decals sets for out of the ordinary builds ;).

You are right, of course, the Esci canopy is too big and really needs a corrected one fitted. Nevertheless, this is a nice build :).

here's one I have posted before, taken at Villafranca in April 1986:

VRN1

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1