Lifting Bodies Part 5, or is it Part 0,Muroc Models M2-F1

This is my Muroc Models M2-F1 lifting body. The M2-F1 was the prototype for all the following lifting bodies. It was a wooden unpowered, (except for a small engine to be used for landings if needed) , and was towed aloft either by a ground vehicle or later a C-47. This was an excellent kit by Muroc Models and while not perfect it was a pleasure to build, unlike my last few builds. The resin was beautifully cast with no pinholes, even after sanding. The only exception was the wheels which had some bubbles and I ended up replacing. The decals look to be printed on an ALPS printer on high quality decal paper. They did tend to scratch for no apparent reason so they should be coated with something to seal them. The kit also came with real, detailed, instruction and not just the usual exploded diagram. My only complaint would be that it came with vacuformed transparencies and while most of you love these because of their thinness I hate them because I can never cut them out right and they are too thin and flexible to allow for a solid attachment. Finally it is definitely a tail sitter and I was only able to get it to sit on the front wheel by tilting the surface it was sitting on.

So on to the pictures;

JxoAtB8g_o.jpg

R8MWp8BV_o.jpg

qgwFe0Db_o.jpg

OWJKlxhN_o.jpg

VuquIWVT_o.jpg

And here is the whole set

Bt9Y55eh_o.jpg

From left to right the M2-F1, M2-F2, M2-F3, HL-10, C-24A and X24B. As an historical note such a picture would be impossible in real life sins the M2-F3 was the M2-F2 rebuilt after the crash and the X-24B was the X-24A with a new body.

Next up is the MPM X-15A-2

Enjoy.

• Like 20