Macchi MC.20x STGB

vppelt68

There's a constant interest for having single prop WW2 fighters as STGB subjects. The P-47 and P-39 have theirs going on atm, and the P-40, Spitfire and Mustang are on their way. Intentionally skipping the German (and French ones), what options are there for the next one? If required qualities are readily available injection molded kits in the standard scales, enough variety in prototype camouflage and operators, and aftermarket decal sets to do them too, that rules out all the Soviet ones. Maybe they got kits but damn, they lack all variety in looks! Hurricane then, nah, if memory serves me right that's done quite recently.

So if the P-36 and the P-40 can be considered eligible for a Single Type Group Build, I assume the Macchi family of Saetta, Folgore and Veltro fill the same requirements too.

The Macchi MC.200-.202-.205 STGB - any takers out there? Best regards, V-P

1) vppelt68

2) Corsairfoxfouruncle

3) modelling minion

4) Arniec

5) Valkyrie

6) ...

• Like 3

Well Ive always wanted a Mc.202/205 in sand/green camouflage. If somebody does one in 1/72 and I can get one count me in.  

Seems like Italeri did a 202, and Hobbyboss does the 200. I believe the Italeri is currently oop. Maybe they will re-release it.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

I’m in, no Macchis in the stash but a couple of the 202 schemes are on my list and GBs always help me actually start, finish and put an effort in. I am in 

• Like 1

Let's not forget the classic Frog Folgore kit!

DSCN2475

EDIT 28/9/2018: As there´s no more interest in this one, I´ll let her "sleep". Should enough people start joining this, we´ll go forward with this. But until then... :sleeping:. V-P