Sink the Bismarck: Glenn Martin Maryland

Or at least find it. My attempt at Azur's Maryland to turn it into Commander Rotherham's aircraft of 771 Squadron based at RNAS Twatt in the Orkneys. Rotherham and his crew discovered that she had slipped moorings and escaped into the Atlantic initiating the hunt that had tragic consequences for both the Bismarck and HMS Hood. 

Azur kit, Print Scale transfers and Eduard seat belts.  Kit was OK at times, the resin parts being easy to work with and the plastic fitting most of the time. The front transparencies were a nightmare and the WIP gives the trials and tribulations (but not the cursing and swearing). 

Brush painted with Xtracrylix and a coat of Liquitex matt varnish. I used Montex masks for the transparencies 

resized_b9647af8-28eb-4252-a2fb-10ba32f4

resized_313eee1a-8f71-4cf4-88ba-2cb84050

resized_f6bd57f1-cbd5-4d87-bd30-d0635b82

resized_b47bff4d-08dc-41ec-ab15-2105e2da

resized_4eb2262c-e27c-445a-a668-e8250e09

Thanks to all for their advice and cheering from the sidelines. 

• Like 38

2 hours ago, Pat C said:

Nice Maryland and thanks for sharing your tribulations which will be valuable info for all of us with this kit!! Do you have a Baltimore planned next?

Pat

There's an almost finished Baltimore sitting close to the Shelf of Doom but not quite. I got inspired by an article by Tony O'Toole in a magazine some time ago. I really need to finish it off so the answer is probably yes. I do have another Maryland in the stash and I'd like to finish it as a Gibraltar based aircraft. 

Great job & a great trip through your trials & tribulations with the WIP. I remember bits of it but being more than a week ago, not much. :) I do like the end result though, well done, I really MUST get a Maryland kit some time.

Steve