Stillnautical, a foxy lady the Sea Vixen in the fitting out shop

perdu

3 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice tiny work Bill :) 

Foreign coin Hendie? Where?? :D 

Its OK Ced, he's just jealous

We'd best ask him which currency we need to model in I suppose...

I do have the odd Euro about and unsure prospects about getting back there to spend them next year...

😷

• Haha 3

Oi

We're not all retirement rich tha knows  :) 

Bitcoins

I lost my login for the fortune in Bitcoins I amassed   ;)

Anyway, I will find summat for him

Poor old exile desperately wishing for reminders of 'home'

Anybody got a Blue Riband?

Hmm I might even have a Tunnocks Marshmallow down in the kitchen...

• Like 2

Small update

Wing fold area detailing at the 'just enough, not too much' level I think

A drop of paint and odds and ends put in for space filling poipoises

P1010724.jpg

The framework in front of the retractor unit is for the locking pin operations, I think it will be busy enough for guvmint work

P1010726.jpg

I have finished filling in the intake area tubing but just realised it was a waste of time

I'm about to fill the orifices with intake blanks and hang RBFs off the undersides all over

Oh well it was fun whilst it lasted and we know it was there once don't we kiddies?

• Like 14

16 hours ago, perdu said:

I'm about to fill the orifices with intake blanks and hang RBFs off the undersides all over

Not including the engine inlet and wingfold covers, surely?:devil:

Each to their own of course, but I wouldn't go too mad with RBF flags, it's not something you see a lot of on parked service era Vixens, pitot cover, jet pipe dust bin lids and u/c lock gags being the obvious ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't about to plaster her in little flags but with an empty cockpit (and cave) and folded wings I thought open intakes would be unauthentic

And the intake openings are grimly in need of more, far more care

And time's winged chariot is joined in a headlong dash to the third Sunday in October

Cut-off day to get her on the table at Telford...

With a choice of Buccaneers or Gannets

😨

• Like 5

It has been terrifyingly hovering at the back of my mind for a while now

Only new models on our club table, probably three models per member and I only have two plus my beermat model

Fingers out time

Speaking of which I have been pondering this

P1010728.jpg

The intakes should have more actual wing space at the outboard end and be flatter top and bottom

Scraping them to allow the innards to go in didn't find me the space that wasn't moulded in either so it is time for optical illusions and cyano gel with talc in it

I have had to insert flatter pieces of polycard at the upper edges

These will get the cyano-talc mix so I can reinstate reinvent the upper intake lips flatter, straighter and make them look slightly different

Just a small difference ought to do I reckon

Now this week a name from the past popped into my email inbox, huntin' shootin' type of chap name of miggers

He has been watching us from afar, still beats me why he beetled off anyway but that is his business and he offered me the fruits of his own Sea Vixen research by means of the contents of his Vixen file

Gratefully received Mark ta and very helpful, plenty of Vixen drone pictures if I decide I want a red and yellow one too

One of the things he has joined the chorus of advice with is adding 2mm to the nose cone so it can be slightly reshaped

It follows the published plans of course but looks too nose heavy and the extension can help hide the dumpiness that is not exactly characteristic of a Naval Jet Fighter

So

P1010729.jpg

Setting in a sea of Cockpit Glue which should help keep it all where I want it

half a gram of Liquid Gravity

The extension should vanish under a drop of paint, we'll see

Starb'rd intake with the extra bit

P1010731.jpg

port side

P1010732.jpg

Lots of mods to make including clarifying the boundary layer ducts inside the intake ducts

from below-ish

P1010733.jpg

They will be alright on the night

I think...

ciao

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

How much weight have you had to get in there? 

Not really sure H, the little bottle of Liquid Gravity never seems to get lighter although the amount of 'shake-n-rattle' space has got bigger

I have had it for a couple of years now and when I whip the top off the little balls of unspecified mass have taken on a brownish tinge and don't pour out as easily

So how much?

Open a packet of England's Glory matches and carefully to avoid sparks and explosions empty the tray

Then tip Liquid Gravity into the tray until it is within an eighth of an inch of the top

Can you see it yet?  :)

That's about how many little lumps of gravity are in the model, much on the floor before and behind the cockpit and the rest masquerading as minnow roe in the nose cone

Conservative estimates are simply that, estimates

Other guesses are available, possible and even, likely

H as they say TH

Guess who didn't know the answer and has interrupted the washing up in favour of a far more satisfactory pastime

😉

• Like 3